PDA

View Full Version : Posting settings

Reef
06-09-2012, 05:45
How do I adjust my posting settings - suddenly I don't have "thanks" in bottom left hand corner but have "edit reply" option added to "reply with quote" and "reply".....is there a way of choosing which options you can have when posting...please? I have tried going to settings bur it's all a bit of a mystery. No big deal but I like to know these things! Thanks.

rondun
06-09-2012, 06:05
You can't thank yourself ... unless you're logged in as pseudofed, of course!

Hawkeye
06-09-2012, 06:17
And you should always have been able to edit your own posts.

davech
06-09-2012, 07:44
How do I adjust my posting settings - suddenly I don't have "thanks" in bottom left hand corner but have "edit reply" option added to "reply with quote" and "reply".....is there a way of choosing which options you can have when posting...please? I have tried going to settings bur it's all a bit of a mystery. No big deal but I like to know these things! Thanks.

Is "thanks" still missing? I've checked your permissions and everything looks fine.

Reef
06-09-2012, 11:14
Yes but I will find out when I post this! No one else seems to have the edit bit at bottom of post either. No rondun I wouldn't want to thank myself...but noticed the option for anyone else to do so (should they be inclined!!) was missing.

Anyway, as I say no big deal. I get a bit obsessive about minor details that's all.:shamed:

Reef
06-09-2012, 11:15
Is "thanks" still missing? I've checked your permissions and everything looks fine.
Yes but I will find out when I post this! No one else seems to have the edit bit at bottom of post either. No rondun I wouldn't want to thank myself...but noticed the option for anyone else to do so (should they be inclined!!) was missing.

Anyway, as I say no big deal. I get a bit obsessive about minor details that's all.:shamed:

cazza99
06-09-2012, 11:24
Very occasionally thanks has disappeared from a post, but only for a very short while. It reappears again when I go to another page and back again.

You will only have the "edit post" button on the bottom of your own posts. It shouldn't be at the bottom of anyone else's posts.

Reef
06-09-2012, 11:32
Thanks Cazza - yes it just occurred to me that probably only I could see the "edit" bit then wondered if it was the same with the "thanks". Oh well, all insignificant in the greater scheme of things.