PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on AndyMurrayFanForum

Linda
01-10-2011, 18:27
Can I just say many thanks to the mods (and congratulations to the new mods) for setting all this up. I couldn't post this on the thread about the new forum 'cos it's closed - but I was able to use the thanks button to thank the post! Woohoo! The thanks button is back! :cheer:

cazza99
01-10-2011, 19:40
If you have any feedback you'd like to give us on the new forum, please do so here.

ljs
01-10-2011, 20:28
adding my thanks for setting this forum up , it looks great and feels like coming home , strange as that sounds.

Alis
01-10-2011, 20:49
Hear! Hear!

RoastLamb
01-10-2011, 21:01
Ooh I didn't see the thanks button. HOW AWESOME IS THAT??? Thanks so much y'all.

JAMES4578
01-10-2011, 21:03
yes it is fabulous, thanks everyone!:clap::clap:

-J-
02-10-2011, 07:13
IL ADD MY THANKS TO ALL CONCERNED:thumbup: TO

Jennan
02-10-2011, 10:18
Add my thanks too, really missed this forum.

Pam
02-10-2011, 12:36
I posted this on the H & G thread but I don't think anyone saw it. As this is not a free forum how are you going to fund it? How have you funded the setting up of this forum?

Elizabeth
02-10-2011, 12:45
Many thanks to everyone, it is so nice to come back to familiar ground and, yes, it is like coming home.

banskogirl
02-10-2011, 12:50
great to have a permanent home :hug: thanks to everyone involved!

VamosVixs
02-10-2011, 12:56
We are hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooome!!!! :cheer:

ChrisMac
02-10-2011, 13:45
Thanks to everyone involved for bringing us to a permanent home. Much appreciated.:clap::clap:

Sallydaisy
02-10-2011, 13:46
I posted this on the H & G thread but I don't think anyone saw it. As this is not a free forum how are you going to fund it? How have you funded the setting up of this forum?

Thanks for enquiring Pam.
:flowers:

The forum has been funded through the generosity of some former am.com forum members (they prefer to remain anonymous) who have worked as part of the team to create AndyMurrayFanForum.

In case you, or others, are worried that lack of funds might be an issue please can we reassure you on that point. Many ex-am.commers have offered us donations (for which we are grateful) and we will ensure that funding is secured to keep the forum in place for so long as it is needed. We do not envisage the need to advertise to raise revenue to cover running costs.

JAMES4578
02-10-2011, 14:04
Thanks for letting us know Sally as was wondering if we would need further contributions at some point from the membership, many thanks to those involved as it is much appreciated.

lynne
02-10-2011, 14:15
Yes, I was wondering also about contributions for forum membership etc, so thanks very much Sally for explaining everything in a very clear manner & may I say a "BIG THANK YOU" to those people concerned in bringing about an AndyMurrayFanforum & to everyone for all your hard work in doing so. It really is appreciated in more ways than one!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

RoastLamb
02-10-2011, 14:48
Love having the "View first unread" thingy back as well.

VamosVixs
02-10-2011, 14:50

Yes I have missed that, and the Thanks button is back!!! :cheer:

Massive thanks to everyone involved in setting this up!! :thanks:

cazza99
02-10-2011, 15:09
Yes I have missed that, and the Thanks button is back!!! :cheer:

Massive thanks to everyone involved in setting this up!! :thanks:

:thanks: Ispy and arcade are back too - look in the horizontal menu above the forums and posts

Speedy Hawk
02-10-2011, 15:43

Me too. That what I always use and missed that a lot when moved to temp.

Cathy66
02-10-2011, 19:34
This forum is brilliant . A big thanks to everyone who made this possible.:thanks::cheer:

Jan
03-10-2011, 09:57
Thank you, thank you!! To everyone involved:wave::wave:

Golden Lady
03-10-2011, 10:02
A million thanks to those involved with setting up and generously funding this new forum.:)

RoastLamb
03-10-2011, 14:21
I have a question about moderation on this website. As it's now not connected with Andy's official website will there be any changes to the way the site is to be moderated?

harriet
03-10-2011, 14:26
well, ho hum,ho hum, good things come . . . . many thanks for the thanks button.
just about compensates for my fury at finding you had employed that dodge of previous incarnations of the forum, ie major change on a morning of max interest. so, i couldn't post on old forum, nor register for this one, just had to watch tennis, and not much of that either.
but, lest you think i rant, no no, thanks for the thanks button is all i really came to say

Sallydaisy
03-10-2011, 15:58
I have a question about moderation on this website. As it's now not connected with Andy's official website will there be any changes to the way the site is to be moderated?

Blimey RL, we've only just got started and there's still a load of things to do!!!
We hadn't got around to any specific approach to this but were hoping everyone would be so well behaved that we wouldn't need to do much moderating at all ...
:flowers:

RoastLamb
03-10-2011, 19:49
Fingers crossed we all stay well behaved.

No, what I meant was the previous forum was officially Andy's (bla bla bla) and so we had certain rules to abide by: not posting direct photos, etc. Now that it's not official can we post direct photos as other fan forums do?

supergran
03-10-2011, 21:41
Many thanks to all involved with setting up this new forum. Can't tell you how happy I am that normal service has been resumed. Means a lot to me having this place to chat, exchange opinions and make friends. Thank you all.
:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Sallydaisy
04-10-2011, 13:09
Fingers crossed we all stay well behaved.

No, what I meant was the previous forum was officially Andy's (bla bla bla) and so we had certain rules to abide by: not posting direct photos, etc. Now that it's not official can we post direct photos as other fan forums do?

Hi RL.
We're not ignoring your question. Copyright and bandwidth theft are complex issues which are being updated constantly. We are checking out one or two things, especially on the legal side, and would prefer to make a proper reply when we've looked at all of that. We realise that is not the answer you might wish for but we'd rather hold off saying something that we might later have to retract.

RoastLamb
04-10-2011, 13:15
No probs. I'm sure you've all discussed how you want to mod the site. Would be interested to know if it's going to be any different that's all. You're all doing an amazing job and I so appreciate everything you've all done. Really wonderful!

Speedy Hawk
04-10-2011, 15:06
I just wondering, this forum you don't see thanks you get unless you see your post being thank?

cazza99
04-10-2011, 15:27
I just wondering, this forum you don't see thanks you get unless you see your post being thank?

You should be able to see thanks on all posts but your own. What browser are you using?

hfwardhouse
04-10-2011, 15:31
I think what Speedy's meaning is that you only see the thanks on the post - there isn't a "you've been thanked x number of times by x number of posters" like there was in the old version of VB.

Hawkeye
04-10-2011, 15:39
Ooooooooooooooooooh yes there is! :big grin:

Sallydaisy
04-10-2011, 15:48
well, ho hum,ho hum, good things come . . . . many thanks for the thanks button.
just about compensates for my fury at finding you had employed that dodge of previous incarnations of the forum, ie major change on a morning of max interest. so, i couldn't post on old forum, nor register for this one, just had to watch tennis, and not much of that either.
but, lest you think i rant, no no, thanks for the thanks button is all i really came to say

Thanks Harriet for your comments about the new forum.

We truthfully did not employ the 'dodge' you suggest so we're surprised by your "rant" and we'd like to set the record straight.

We launched the new forum on Saturday afternoon well ahead of Andy's match the next morning (your ref to max interest). You could still have posted on the old forum because we deliberately left it open, albeit one thread only, so that comment is inaccurate. You could have registered on this new forum because about 30 other people did that morning and it only took them 3 or 4 minutes to do so.

I hope this clarifies the matter. At least you watched some tennis.
:)

Speedy Hawk
04-10-2011, 16:02
I think what Speedy's meaning is that you only see the thanks on the post - there isn't a "you've been thanked x number of times by x number of posters" like there was in the old version of VB.

Yeah that what I mean Jane. Thanks.

KnightOwl
04-10-2011, 16:44

You can see it in your profile, Speedy. It's theoretically possible to display it in the side box next to each post, but it increases the height of that box and therefore allows fewer posts per page, so we've got it switched off for now.

Speedy Hawk
04-10-2011, 18:28
You can see it in your profile, Speedy. It's theoretically possible to display it in the side box next to each post, but it increases the height of that box and therefore allows fewer posts per page, so we've got it switched off for now.

I see it now. :)

Yorkie
04-10-2011, 19:47
Thanks to everyone involved in getting this up and running it already looks good. Hopefully a few more of the previous regulars will be joining us soon and we can get back to life as normal particularly on the competitions front. I hope Rondun appears in time for a Shanghai bubble gap for instance.

AllyB
04-10-2011, 20:25
Thanks to everyone involved in getting this up and running it already looks good. Hopefully a few more of the previous regulars will be joining us soon and we can get back to life as normal particularly on the competitions front. I hope Rondun appears in time for a Shanghai bubble gap for instance.

I'm looking forward to Andy getting near enough Fed for an Arka to be interesting!

Yorkie
04-10-2011, 20:36
I'm looking forward to Andy getting near enough Fed for an Arka to be interesting!

Yes its been a while since there has been a need for an Arka. Hopefully soon.

Speedy Hawk
05-10-2011, 15:25

Me too. See what happens and how close/soon Andy can overtake Fed with an Arka.

Maza1987
05-10-2011, 21:17
How do I use the autosave function. When I'm writing I see the yellow box flash, how exactly do I utilise it if I need to?:)

Sallydaisy
05-10-2011, 21:19
How do I use the autosave function. When I'm writing I see the yellow box flash, how exactly do I utilise it if I need to?:)

Would you believe ....... it's auto matic
:lol:

So, you don't have to do anything at all, it just does it for you.
:thumbup:

Linda
05-10-2011, 21:23
Never seen that :confused:

Sallydaisy
05-10-2011, 21:24
Never seen that :confused:

You will if you write quite a long post - it only comes up for a second or two.

Jan
05-10-2011, 21:25
I saw it once and thought it was my eyes doing something strange!!

cazza99
05-10-2011, 21:29

The autosave saves what you are writing so you don't lose it.

KnightOwl
05-10-2011, 22:06

I guess you mean how do you use it to get back the post if you lose it? I'm not 100% certain, but I think if you accidentally close your browser, or your PC crashes, while you're typing a post which has autosaved, then when you come back to the thread you were posting on, that text should be waiting for you in the "quick reply" bo at the bottom. I think :)

Speedy Hawk
06-10-2011, 12:40
I guess you mean how do you use it to get back the post if you lose it? I'm not 100% certain, but I think if you accidentally close your browser, or your PC crashes, while you're typing a post which has autosaved, then when you come back to the thread you were posting on, that text should be waiting for you in the "quick reply" bo at the bottom. I think :)

Gonna type and let auto save and click out of this thread and back in to see it if works. Hopefully.

It does seem to work. Yay! When you go back to same thread, you see button says 'Restore Auto-Saved Content', click on it and your post is back!

Maza1987
07-10-2011, 21:05
What;s the policy with regards to posting images in posts? I remember at the old place we were not allowed. Is it okay to do so now?

I only ask because of a new thread idea.

KnightOwl
07-10-2011, 22:18
What;s the policy with regards to posting images in posts? I remember at the old place we were not allowed. Is it okay to do so now?

I only ask because of a new thread idea.

Hi Maza :)

Thanks for your question - this topic is still under discussion by the moderating team, so for now we ask that everyone exercises caution, and only posts photos which they own or for which full accreditation is given. We're aiming to provide more detailed guidelines shortly.

If you have a new thread in mind, and are unsure whether it will comply with forum rules, you could always let us know what it's about, and maybe we can advise further?

We welcome input from members, so do feel free to contact us...

Manaus
09-10-2011, 21:30
Haven't been able to post in the temp forum or this forum for a while as I've been busy and recently my laptop monitor broke down too (not a good sign when you smell chemicals:eek:).

Many thanks to all the mods for setting this forum up. :thumbup: Great to have a permament place to post again and I've missed that thanks button. :)

Sallydaisy
09-10-2011, 21:31
Welcome back Manaus, glad you found us OK!
:thumbup:

cazza99
09-10-2011, 21:52
:welcome: Manaus

xenon21
09-10-2011, 22:12
Gonna type and let auto save and click out of this thread and back in to see it if works. Hopefully.

It does seem to work. Yay! When you go back to same thread, you see button says 'Restore Auto-Saved Content', click on it and your post is back!

Am about to test it out now. Will see if it works :)

Edit: Yeah! It works!

Maza1987
15-10-2011, 13:54
Ooh, you've added a facebook like link at the top. Very nice.

VamosVixs
19-10-2011, 00:17
Just curious, was browsing to see who was online and noticed there is a google spider. What on earth is that?

Hawkeye
19-10-2011, 05:54
It's how search engines like Google compile their search lists. They've always visited but it's only with this new version of vBulletins that they get identified.

40-15
20-10-2011, 12:48
like Vixs - i've noticed the google spider the the online page!! -

thanks Hawkeye for explaining want they are!!

greatunclebulgaria
24-10-2011, 20:41
K know some members will shot me down in flames for this bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttt ttttt

re forecast the match in Jamie's section could we please have a separate section for this as if you not interested in forecasting the match you do rather have to look for the threads which are relevant to his scheduled and match day/cheering threads

thanx :):):grouphug::grouphug:

greatunclebulgaria
03-11-2011, 21:43
anyone?

its really difficult to see anything other than forecast the match in that melee

lynne
03-11-2011, 22:09
Totally agree GUB, I click on the thread & all you see is FTM!FTM!, so I just come off the thread......sorry Mods!!:wave:

AllyB
03-11-2011, 22:20
anyone?

its really difficult to see anything other than forecast the match in that melee
Whatever happened to the top quality moderators that used to be on JM.org? ;)

lynne
04-11-2011, 17:07
Can I just say Jamie's Joint is looking a lot tidier now........Thanks whoever!!!...................:thumbup:

greatunclebulgaria
05-11-2011, 06:11
Huge huge thank you much better

pabbers
07-11-2011, 14:53
That'd be Sally.........:flowers:

Linda
17-01-2012, 07:45
Well done on the new closed threads for information, Sally - that's so much better than having to trawl through dozens of pages of discussion to find what you want. :thumbup:

rondun
17-01-2012, 21:09
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c130/rondun/protest-1.jpg
:party::party::party::party::party:

Linda
05-02-2012, 17:37
I see that of late we've been getting a few spammers advertising their live streams! But actually wouldn't it be a good idea to have a thread just for posting details of live streams? Quite often when we are all watching a match, someone will come onto the thread and say 'anyone got a live stream?' but often there are so many posts that they don't see the answer. Sometimes I've posted my live stream a number of times before the person has seen it. If we had a thread just for posting them and nothing else then they could quickly be seen. Another forum I visit has such a thread (in fact they have a new thread for each tournament, but I think it's only necessary to have the one).

lynne
06-02-2012, 01:12
I will agree with you there Linda as it will save trawling through the pages to find a link that somebody has posted, I am not sure but Xenon will correct me if I am wrong as I am going back six years ago but Rob use to post a stream link on the home page or on the first post of the match thread like where Sally puts all the info & OOP, I hope I am right on this but it's a thought anyway!:)

Speedy Hawk
08-02-2012, 19:51
I agree with Linda. So many sport forums have own sticky live stream threads for posting links. I think about time we might need one on here too.

rondun
08-02-2012, 20:38
K know some members will shot me down in flames for this bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttt ttttt....You're not secretly Laura Robson are you, GUB?...
... "I Like big butts and I cannot lie...":jitterbug:

JAMES4578
08-02-2012, 20:46
When we were official there may have been an issue with having a specific thread for streams, though of course it may be different now with the current set up.

cazza99
08-02-2012, 21:29
You're not secretly Laura Robson are you, GUB?...
... "I Like big butts and I cannot lie...":jitterbug:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

xenon21
09-02-2012, 00:59
I will agree with you there Linda as it will save trawling through the pages to find a link that somebody has posted, I am not sure but Xenon will correct me if I am wrong as I am going back six years ago but Rob use to post a stream link on the home page or on the first post of the match thread like where Sally puts all the info & OOP, I hope I am right on this but it's a thought anyway!:)

I think he posted where you could watch it but my memory is going too lol!