Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Andy Murray - OBE

Challenger Circuit

Re: Andy Murray - OBE

Do we have any idea when Andy will be awarded his OBE ? Cant wait to see it. Presumably HM will have to wait until he comes back to UK for Queens and Wimbledon although I suppose he could come over just before Roland Garros.
    If he doesn't make it soon there will be another list of the b irthday honours to get through

Quote Originally Posted by LC the fan View Post
    Do we have any idea when Andy will be awarded his OBE ? Cant wait to see it. Presumably HM will have to wait until he comes back to UK for Queens and Wimbledon although I suppose he could come over just before Roland Garros.
    If he doesn't make it soon there will be another list of the birthday honours to get through
    The award ceremonies are spaced out through the year and there are around 25 in all.
    See this page for information.

Buckingham Palace will contact the people concerned with proposed dates and work with them to come up with an option that suits - and the 'suits' will undoubtedly understand Andy's 'working' schedule.

Andy's only likely to be in the UK for a week between Miami and Monte Carlo, although he could zip back to the UK if he doesn't play Barcelona, and then not back until after the French Open. He'll have 4 weeks for Queens/Boodles?/Wimbledon and then usually takes a week or so off to 'recharge'.

I wonder if he'd go to an investiture at Holyrood? There are a number of Scottish citizens to receive honours and there's always an event when the Queen is in residence at Holyrood in the summer. Last year Holyrood Week was 2-6 July which co-incided with Wimbledon 2nd week!!! Prince Charles also carries out investitures at Holyrood as does Princess Anne.
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

karanga (14-03-2013)

When my gran got her MBE she had to go down to Buckingham Palace, it would have been a lot easier to get to Edinburgh but she enjoyed a wee holiday in London.

I wonder if he might get this after Wimbledon? I want to see him all suited and booted looking dapper getting his OBE!

Junior Tour

I was wondering now Andy has some spare time on his hands, if a visit to the Palace soon might be happening, I do hope so.