Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Hutchins

Ross Hutchins

A few people had been wondering why Ross Hutchins wasn't with Colin Fleming this week.
    Well now we know ...
    Ross Hutchins ‏@RoscoHutchins Happy New Year to all!Unfortunately I will be away from tennis for a while as I was recently diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma..
    I am doing well, very positive with excellent medical support,friends and family around me. Looking forward to being back on the court soon!
    In his acceptance speech after winning the Brisbane International 2013, Andy Murray had ended with the following words:- “I’d like to dedicate this victory to one of my best friends. He’s back home watching. You’re going to get through it.”

The message to Ross is at the end 02:26 if you wish to watch the presentation/speech:
    http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/v...nre=19;sport=5

All he would say in his presser was that it was for a 'a very sick friend'.
    Some of us guessed it might be Ross Hutchins with whom Andy has a great friendship.

A few hours later came a press release from the LTA - copied below - and the tweets from Ross above.
    “Over the Christmas period I was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma,” Hutchins said in a statement to the LTA. “This came as a shock but I am ready to move forward with the necessary treatment. I have the best medical support at Royal Marsden and very close family and friends supporting me. I look forward to getting over this hurdle and getting back to the ATP [World] Tour and full steam ahead with my tennis career.”
    Ross is well liked by his peers in the tennis world and there have been many many messages of support for him from fans, tennis players and organisations on twitter, tennis forums and other public websites.

Meanwhile the show goes on for Colin Fleming (Ross's regular partner on the doubles tour) who partnered Jamie Murray in Brisbane and is with Bruno Soares in Auckland. The Britpack are all rallying round at this time and that must be some comfort to those for whom this news is such a shock.

We wish Ross all the best for a speedy recovery!
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

banskogirl (06-01-2013), Caro (07-01-2013), galagirl (06-01-2013), Golden Lady (06-01-2013), JAMES4578 (06-01-2013), Jane (06-01-2013), jeannie13 (06-01-2013), LC the fan (06-01-2013), Linda (06-01-2013), lynne (06-01-2013), pabbers (06-01-2013), RoastLamb (06-01-2013), supergran (06-01-2013), VamosVixs (06-01-2013)

Re: Ross Hutchins

Aww poor Ross

so sorry to hear that, wishing Ross well!

Wishing Ross all the best.

No wonder Andy was upset. All the best to Ross. Just shows no matter how fit etc you are, you never know what's round the corner. Busy counting my blessings and vowing to live every day to the full.
    Pat xx

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pabbers For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (06-01-2013), LC the fan (06-01-2013)

Re: BRISBANE 2013, FINAL: Andy Murray, Champion again in Brisbane. Defeats Dimitrov 7'6(0), 6'4

I'm so sorry to hear of Roscoe's illness. I hope he will pull through successfuly. He's young & strong which will help. I wonder if this is why Jamie stayed in Brisbane=to support Andy probably.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jeannie13 For This Useful Post:

Jane (06-01-2013)

This is the worst news - poor Ross - as Pat says, no wonder Andy was upset - Ross sounds upbeat and I'm sure he can beat this with the medical help available.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hfwardhouse For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (06-01-2013), Vonnie (06-01-2013)

Get well very soon Ross..we're all with you xx

Re: BRISBANE 2013, FINAL: Andy Murray, Champion again in Brisbane. Defeats Dimitrov 7'6(0), 6'4

So sad to read Ross's tweet telling of his illness. Hope he will be OK. He sounded very positive and that coupled with age and fitness + medical advances should see him restored to full health. Pray he will be all right.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to supergran For This Useful Post:

lynne (06-01-2013)

I felt sure Andy was referring to Ross this morning, so sad, my thoughts and prayers are with all the family, I do hope he has a speedy recovery.