Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Hutchins

Re: Ross Hutchins

So sad at this news. Back in November at the 02 when I had photo with him and Colin he looked well but don't know now. Will say prayers for his recovery. Best wishes Ross!!

Re: BRISBANE 2013, FINAL: Andy Murray, Champion again in Brisbane. Defeats Dimitrov 7'6(0), 6'4

Quote Originally Posted by jeannie13 View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear of Roscoe's illness. I hope he will pull through successfuly. He's young & strong which will help. I wonder if this is why Jamie stayed in Brisbane=to support Andy probably.
    You could well be right Jeannie and I'm sure Jamie was only too glad to partner Colin at the tournament.

It occurs to me that, since we've not had any tweets from Ross since 30/11/12, that he has already been having treatment so might be able to return to play sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed for him anyway.

I hope this won't affect Andy and the others too much at the Australian Open but inspire them all to do well.
    Last edited by Sallydaisy; 06-01-2013 at 22:43. Reason: .
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

jeannie13 (06-01-2013), Reef (06-01-2013)

Re: BRISBANE 2013, FINAL: Andy Murray, Champion again in Brisbane. Defeats Dimitrov 7'6(0), 6'4

I once worked with someone who had recovered from the same illness (and was about the same age) so here's hoping Ross will also make a full recovery with the best treatment and support of friends and family.

Ross - we all wish you well!

Ross's illness is now reported on the BBC website here
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

Reef (06-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sallydaisy View Post
    I hope this won't affect Andy and the others too much at the Australian Open but inspire them all to do well.
    Life is the performance, not the dress rehearsal.
    I think, and hope, Andy will want to well at the AO for Ross just as he did in Brisbane.

Our thoughts and prayers with Ross and his family.

It is strange how these things always seem to happen to the loveliest people! Get better really soon, Ross!

Oh dear. So so sad to hear about Ross. Yes it does put everything into context.

Edit: Hopefully this will cheer us all up a little though: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Hodgkin...efinition.aspx

Treatment and outlook
    Hodgkin's lymphoma is a relatively aggressive cancer and can quickly spread through the body. Despite this, it is also one of the most easily treated types of cancer.

Almost all young people with Hodgkin's lymphoma will be fully cured *

*Young = under 35 here
    Last edited by david1610; 06-01-2013 at 16:21.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david1610 For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (06-01-2013), pabbers (06-01-2013)

Challenger Circuit

Sorry to hear this about Ross. As some of you know my husband was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma Nov 2011 and was given the all clear
    last month
    It wasn't an easy time but through it now with lots of prayer and good friends! God is good

Andy has such a big soft heart

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to banskogirl For This Useful Post:

david1610 (06-01-2013), Jan (06-01-2013), Linda (06-01-2013), Mandiemoo (07-01-2013), pabbers (06-01-2013), Reef (07-01-2013), RoastLamb (06-01-2013)

ATP Ace!

Sometimes the young and fit take longer to be diagnosed because their very fitness disguises that things are going wrong - happened to a young work colleague of mine a few years ago. Hopefully though, the fact that he is young and fit will mean that he will make a full and fast recovery. All the very best to Ross.