Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Murray's Cromlix House Hotel near Dunblane

Re: Andy Murray buys Cromlix House Hotel near Dunblane - and Judy is on the board!

Hahaha!!! Apparently Rafa has also invested in 2 hotels.
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

Re: Andy Murray buys Cromlix House Hotel near Dunblane - and Judy is on the board!

The hotel will boast a Chez Roux restaurant. Renowned chef Albert Roux, owner of Le Gavroche in London, is one of a group of industry experts consulted by Inverlochy Castle Management International (ICMI) which will manage Cromlix House on behalf of Murray.
    Hmmm, I wonder if Judy had an influence on this by the looks of the picture in the deserts section of this page. http://www.le-gavroche.co.uk/samplemenus.html

Independent - What will Andy Murray's service be like?

aol - Would you spend the night in Andy Murray's hotel?
    includes pictures of hotels owned by other

Mail - Game, set and match: Andy Murray outbids rivals to land 1.8million hotel in his home town perfectly placed for four fishing lochs and golf at Gleneagles (... but does it have a tennis court?)
    several different pictures

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cazza99 For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (27-02-2013), RoastLamb (26-02-2013)

Daily Record - Andy Murray's new hotel should add to tennis star's business umpire
    MUST say I’m really looking forward to doing a wee restaurant review at Cromlix House, the hotel near Dunblane that’s just been bought for 1.8million by Scots tennis sensation Andy Murray.

Don’t know what the food, decor and toilets will be like but, with Andy in charge, I take it the service should be pretty good.

And in terms of value for money, fingers crossed it’s not a racket.

If I give it a good write-up, do you think the big man will return the favour with a backhander?

In keeping with the tennis theme, I’m told all the kids’ high-chairs will be borrowed from his umpire pals.

And don’t worry about any arguments over the waiter having his thumb in your soup. Any disputes about whether it was in or not will be quickly resolved by Hawk-Eye.

Regular reader Jimmy Mac in Dundee reckons Andy should rename the hotel Double Faulty Towers. And one cheeky rascal emailed to say: “Do you think owning a hotel will allow Andy to find regular employment for his wee brother?”

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cazza99 For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (27-02-2013), Madeline (27-02-2013), supergran (27-02-2013)

Telegraph - Andy Murray opens doors to Double Fawlty Towers after buying 1.8 million hotel

Wow this is wonderful.

We drove up to Cromlix the other day. There is a bull dozer blocking the driveway so we couldn't get very far ! But Andy was in Miami at the time anyway so we wouldn't have seen him.

When he has had all the work done to this place it will look wonderful. I believe he wants it to be ready for the Ryder Cup next September.

to the forum Andy's girl. Thanks for the info.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cazza99 For This Useful Post:

Andy's girl (09-04-2013)

Herald - Facelift to start on Murray hotel

Murray's grandmother yesterday said she was overjoyed the tennis star would re-open the hotel, because it has played a big part in their family life.

Shirley Erskine said: "I think it's great that Andy is back making links with his hometown. We had our silver wedding anniversary at Cromlix way back when it first opened as a hotel and my husband Roy was the optician in the town. We went back and we had our golden wedding there too. Then Jamie got married there.

"Even now we walk our dog in the grounds to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. It's a vast estate on our doorstep, and you just feel away from it all. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think it would be in the family. It's lovely. We have so many happy memories of the hotel. Now I'm sure there will be many more."

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cazza99 For This Useful Post:

banskogirl (27-04-2013), david1610 (28-04-2013), JAMES4578 (27-04-2013), karanga (28-04-2013), pabbers (27-04-2013), patmoren (28-04-2013)

Futures Flyer

Scotsman - Cromlix House plans hit heritage snag

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jan62 For This Useful Post:

cazza99 (21-05-2013), Fina (21-05-2013)