Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Forum - technical issues

Re: Forum - technical issues

It's very strange, but nine times out of ten when I access the forum on my Kindle I get redirected to the Amazon App Store. It doesn't happen with any other websites.
    "A new commandment I give unto you; that you love one another as I have loved you."

Is it trying to direct you towards a specific app? Tapatalk, for example?
    Hawkeye always has the last word.

Only discovered Jerry's page this morning. Posted and told my token had expired. Reloaded as advised but can't find post. Can anyone help?

I've finally found an explanation for this, it seems that there is a setting somewhere in the mechanics of the forum that times out a post that is "under construction" if it takes too long to be posted. Typing is not seen as an activity, so if you are typing out a long post, all the forum sees is a prolonged period of inactivity, and it times you out, i.e. your token expires.

This would be something that davech would have to look at as the techie admin.
    Hawkeye always has the last word.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye For This Useful Post:

jackie55 (17-08-2017), supergran (16-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I've finally found an explanation for this, it seems that there is a setting somewhere in the mechanics of the forum that times out a post that is "under construction" if it takes too long to be posted. Typing is not seen as an activity, so if you are typing out a long post, all the forum sees is a prolonged period of inactivity, and it times you out, i.e. your token expires.

This would be something that davech would have to look at as the techie admin.
    Thanks for reply. Has anyone else had this problem? The strange thing is when I'm typing blogs and you know how long some entries are I don't get this problem. I've had it for quite short ones so not sure if this is the glitch. Anyway over to davech.

We also have someting called "autosave". When you are typing something in and it crashes, if you go back into the thread to reply again somewhere there is an icon to click on to bring it back.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cazza99 For This Useful Post:

supergran (17-08-2017)

I've not had it happen to me, but even so, if typing something that is likely to take a while, such as a blog, I type it in Word and cut & paste it into the forum.
    "A new commandment I give unto you; that you love one another as I have loved you."

It has happened to me, no necessarily on a long post but when I have begun typing, then gone back to it later and finished it. It says token expired, but then I pressed the back button and my post is still there just not submitted. So I copied and pasted it into my phone notes. Then refreshed the page I was going to post on before copying it back over. It's happening more frequently as I keep starting and not finishing posts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JerryD For This Useful Post:

supergran (17-08-2017)