Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Forum - technical issues

Re: Forum - technical issues

Quote Originally Posted by WimbledonWestie View Post
    I got that too!
    Thnaks for letting us know. Please can you copy and paste the message in a PM or report it.

Quote Originally Posted by cazza99 View Post
    Thnaks for letting us know. Please can you copy and paste the message in a PM or report it.
    I have sent you text now and the email text I got in 2 pms.
    Andy Murray - more exciting than a carnival weekend in Rio

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosalind For This Useful Post:

cazza99 (20-06-2018)

In sadness that I might never see Andy play again

The forum has been running a little slow this morning but it's now almost back to normal.
    Please be patient and don't blame your computer .....
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

Elizabeth (23-09-2019), JAMES4578 (23-09-2019)

I hope someone will be able to help. I'm thinking of getting rid of my mobile phone, as I'm getting fed up with the 'pay as you go' service. Instead, I was thinking of getting a small laptop, which Sally had in Bath, or a tablet. Does anyone know which is the best one to get? Also, can they recommend which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Stell View Post
    I hope someone will be able to help. I'm thinking of getting rid of my mobile phone, as I'm getting fed up with the 'pay as you go' service. Instead, I was thinking of getting a small laptop, which Sally had in Bath, or a tablet. Does anyone know which is the best one to get? Also, can they recommend which one?
    What you trying to replace with mobile phone with? Texting? Or it general browsing, email, apps and games? It be easier give better recommendation what you want new device to do replace mobile.

You could get iPad mini but it is expensive out of all tablet market. Other "tablet" aren't very good tablet and hardly any apps available for them and get out of date quickly. It depends what you want cheap tablet you use once in while or want use it all the time which means need better tablet.
    Go Andy Murray --- Go Roger Federer
    *** Winner of FTM 2007 ***

Tablets or laptops don’t do calls. They do completely different jobs. It’s probably better to keep a mobile phone for things like breakdowns, or if you lose your car keys.

Same with computers. What do you want it to do? Store photographs, Internet browsing, printing etc? Heavy work or light work? I use my iPad for most things, but for any serious work I get the Laptop out.

I've already got a laptop, but it's too big for me to put in a suitcase and take it away. My mum has an iPad, but she won't allow me to take it away on holiday. The phone, which I've got, is my sister's old one. I had to top it up, again, but I now think the battery is slowing going and Apple charge 49 for a new one as it's an Apple phone. I would like something a small iPad, but bigger than a mobile phone. Something that I can use the internet on. I bought a new car last March, Teresa. Though it's the same make, as the old one, they changed the style of the car key so nobody can lose it.
    Last edited by Stell; 18-11-2019 at 09:59.

I've already got a laptop, but it's too big for me to put in a suitcase and take it away. My mum has an iPad, but she won't allow me to take it away on holiday. The phone, which I've got, is my sister's old one. I had to top it up, again, but I now think the battery is slowing going and Apple charge 49 for a new one as it's an Apple phone. I would like something a small iPad, but bigger than a mobile phone. Something that I can use the internet on. I bought a new car last March, Teresa. Though it's the same make, as the old one, they changed the style of the car key so nobody can lose it.
    If it nothing do with phone functions as such phone call and text then sounds like tablet be good idea for you. If you plan use it lot and want it be small then iPad mini would be best and it same as iPhone except it bigger so not much re-learning need for that. If you plan use it less and don't want spend too much money then any cheap tablet will do but don't expect it work too well and limit choices on for apps.

Apple battery charge 49 is actually very cheap. They usually charge 79 for new battery in iPhone but late 2018 and 2019 they reduce price and not sure if it temporary or permanent.
    Go Andy Murray --- Go Roger Federer
    *** Winner of FTM 2007 ***

Hi Stell, I have an Asus note book which I bought thinking it is small and I will take with me everywhere. Turns out it's just too heavy and quite slow as it can change into a tablet. I am now looking for an ipad mini. Mostly looking at the mini 4 as it is not the newest but I think it is quite close in spec to the newest (apart from the camera which is much better on the newest version). They keep popping up in some places for around 250 but they sell out quickly as they are usually around 350!

My parents have now told me, they'll buy me something for Christmas. Though, my dad's Alheimer's disease is getting worse as he doesn't know which month we're in.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stell For This Useful Post:

banskogirl (Yesterday)