Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Forum - technical issues

Re: Forum - technical issues

Quote Originally Posted by jackie55 View Post
    I have deleted my history doesn't make any difference, I can't see any cookies. When using the tablet I log on, but still go back to first page with the orange bar, but it is showing me as being log on which I am not

You should be able to delete cookies from any browser as well as history in the same menu, not sure which browser you are using on Tablet but there is a guide here https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-delete-cookies-2617981 I Are you using an Ipad or another tablet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sallydaisy View Post
    Beyond Hawkeyes' suggestion to clear cache (which you've already tried) I'm not sure what we can do.
    If you can log in and post using your laptop there's clearly nothing wrong with your forum account.
    So, the problem seems to be with your tablet settings which we can't access or provide a solution for.
    Really sorry, I don't mean to be unhelpful but I'm not sure we can do anything unless others can post ideas.
    Thanks for your response, I am not computer savvy, so I took my tablet to a computer shop where they looked at my settings, they said that it wasn't my tablet so they sent an email using the help button on my behalf suggesting what could be done to help me, perhaps I will have to take it back to the shop to try again, this is turning out to be a real pain

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jackie55 For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (12-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by JAMES4578 View Post
    You should be able to delete cookies from any browser as well as history in the same menu, not sure which browser you are using on Tablet but there is a guide here https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-delete-cookies-2617981 I Are you using an Ipad or another tablet?
    Thanks James, yes, I was able to delete history and cookies. The tablet I use is Acer, not Ipad

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jackie55 For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (12-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by jackie55 View Post
    Thanks James, yes, I was able to delete history and cookies. The tablet I use is Acer, not Ipad
    If you are using Chrome (which seems to be the default for Acer) if you go to Advanced on the History Tab you can also clear cached images and Auto fill Data. Another thing you could try is to switch to Airplane mode for a minute and back again (resets cache)

Quote Originally Posted by JAMES4578 View Post
    If you are using Chrome (which seems to be the default for Acer) if you go to Advanced on the History Tab you can also clear cached images and Auto fill Data. Another thing you could try is to switch to Airplane mode for a minute and back again (resets cache)
    Thanks James for your suggestions, I did try them both but still no luck!! Going to take tablet back to the shop to see if they can sort it out, thanks again
    Last edited by jackie55; 15-04-2018 at 20:54.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jackie55 For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (14-04-2018)

Had an enforced 60 hours without t'internet; quite relaxing!!!
    Some catching up to do ... manana!
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (30-04-2018)