Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Fun in the Sun: Davis Cup, Croatia.

Re: Fun in the Sun: Davis Cup, Croatia.

I joined Alan and Pat at their table which had filled up in my absence. Kate (Hinxy) and her lovely sister were there as well as Susan and James, who had been away mingling, Had a lovely conversation with Kate and her sister (Can you guess.... I've forgotten her name?...hopeless at names!) But she had my undying admiration as she had flown from Australia to accompany Kate to Umag. What annoyed me slightly about them was that every day they looked beautiful....not a hair out of place....as if they'd stepped out of a bandbox! I have now decided that I'm going to buy a wig. My hair is fine when it's been blow-dried but as I can't do it myself I look a bit of a wreck after five days. If you have thick hair, long hair, no hair, you have no worries but I worry!!!!!!!!!! I have never met anyone at the DC who can blow dry. Have made up my mind....am going to buy a glamorous wig for evenings........ We had a great evening chatting and I do hope I will see Kate and her sister again. I could be wearing a wig....competition in the glamour stakes girls!! We hadn't eaten before we arrived and Pat decided she would go back to the Sol Umag for dinner. James agreed to go with her and a taxi was ordered and they left us. We were still ready to party!!!
    Last edited by supergran; 03-10-2013 at 20:20.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to supergran For This Useful Post:

Caro (03-10-2013), cazza99 (02-10-2013), Elizabeth (02-10-2013), hfwardhouse (02-10-2013), JAMES4578 (02-10-2013), jeannie13 (02-10-2013), karanga (02-10-2013), lynne (02-10-2013), pabbers (02-10-2013)

..just awesome.... sat here giggling to myself, would of loved to be a fly on the wall, I really hope this is not the last as what else am I going to read with my coffee & bickies......Brilliant Maureen!!
    "Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lynne For This Useful Post:

supergran (03-10-2013)

The three of us walked over to where the young people connected with the LTA were and immediately spotted Leon and Dan. I had a lovely conversation with Leon who was full of gratitude to us all for being there. He'd a few drinks as had Dan and it seemed that Leon was Evo's chaperone that evening. Everyone was so chatty and really enjoying this special time. We had a long conversation with one of the young men. His name, and this is the only name I can remember and that's because he gave me his e-mail address, is Ben Disley. He works for the LTA and as well as being a thoroughly nice young men he's easy on the eye also. Chatted to Dan who hugged me. I'm sure he hugged Susan also...he was quite merry! When he hugged me I was thinking that he doesn't realise that beneath this slightly worn exterior is the heart of a 30 yr old. Was going to say 20 but even I think that's going to far! Had a photo with him also. Arms around each other we posed while Ben took the pic. Then Dan said "Take another." Funny, 'cos that's what I usually say!! Now my lovely husband was going to celebrate his 74th birthday the next day, the 16th and I knew that the day would be taken up with travelling. So I got everyone to sing Happy Birthday to him. Fancy having Leon and Dan singing for you. He was mortified! We asked if Andy, Colin and the others would be making an appearance but Leon didn't think so. We were disappointed but understood. Well, we didn't really. It would have been wonderful to see them but as there were still a lot of people there Andy would probably have been mobbed again. I can't remember what time we left Leon, Dan and the young crowd but we started to walk out. We were talking about our evening meal and after some discussion decided we would eat there. We would at least enjoy a dinner superior to the buffet at the Sol Umag. We made our way into the dining room. There were two very large round tables full of diners and we sat at a table for four.
    Last edited by supergran; 03-10-2013 at 20:21.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to supergran For This Useful Post:

cazza99 (03-10-2013), hfwardhouse (03-10-2013), jeannie13 (03-10-2013), karanga (03-10-2013), lynne (03-10-2013), pabbers (03-10-2013)

You saved the day.....bickies at the ready......great as usual!!!
    "Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lynne For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (03-10-2013)

We ordered our meals....starter and main course, then more drinks! I remember having a slightly inebriated conversation with Susan and Alan wondering if I had enough Kumas left. Susan, she of the good memory and loads of money said we weren't to worry as she could pay. Our meals were delicious. I remember we had fish for the main but can't for the life of me remember what I had to start with. We had a really good time and we laughed a lot, especially as I kept saying that I hoped I could pay for it. I think we had finished dinner when I decided it was time for another rousing chorus of Happy Birthday! So I walked across to the other tables and told them it was my husband's birthday the next day, explained about the travelling and asked if they would sing. Bless 'em, they seemed to take the request in their stride....even one table on which sat the quiet ladies and the Duchess of Gloucester. Standing in the middle of the room I said "After three" told then his name and the whole room sang happy birthday. Susan was laughing, Alan's face was a picture but everyone was smiling. I thanked them and was walking back to our table when a waiter appeared with a little cake and a huge white candle which he lit and placed in front of Alan. How lovely was that? After we had finished we had more hysterical discussion about payment. I emptied my purse and did have enough money to pay. We left a tip for our nice waiter and went to get a taxi back to our hotel. It seems that I kept thanking Susan for the meal and she kept telling me she hadn't paid for us. I even did it the next day! Back at the Sol Umag we went outside and I think we had more drinks.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to supergran For This Useful Post:

cazza99 (03-10-2013), JAMES4578 (03-10-2013), Sallydaisy (03-10-2013)