Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ways to watch tennis on TV

Re: Ways to watch tennis on TV (by Teresa)

Page 13: 14/03/2016 to 30/03/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie55
    I have a deal with Sky for my broadband and line rental which starting in August, when l phoned them before about having a deal for Sky sports they said that because l already had a deal for the broadband then l couldn't get one for the Sky Sports and to try again in August when my other deal finishes. So when l received the deal in the post l nearly didn't bother ringing them, but thought just give it a try and part of me was surprised when they said l could have the deal, l said about the broadband deal and they said it had nothing to do with the TV deal, strange
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie55
    Quote Originally Posted by Caro
    Just checked voucher codes and it is indeed there. It's disgusting that this is not available when you search on sky as an existing customers. I could have saved myself nearly 100!
    Perhaps you can ring them again and say you have just seen about the voucher codes and you are not happy, you never know they may do something, you have nothing to lose !
    Quote Originally Posted by pabbers
    We get a reduction for 6 months every 6 months just by ringing up and saying we can't afford the full price. If the first person won't help then say goodbye and ring later and speak to someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    Yes, I have a friend who gets Sky TV for about half the advertised price because she always says she won't pay any more. I don't suppose it would work for me, but it does for her. Some people have the art of getting round people (she is a successful telesales person) but I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by stell
    I spoke to my next door neighbour, today, and he told me he can get Sky Sports for 2.50 per month. He told me he and his wife have been with Sky for 17 years and every year, he used to play the "I'm an OAP" card to them and get it reduced. He still plays the same card with them, but now also plays "I'm a loyal customer" card, as he believes Sky are scared he and his wife will leave them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa
    I ring them (Sky) up and tell them that I am simply not going to pay anymore. Last time I was in a grump, and was quite prepared to cancel the whole lot. I have got some form of deal that retains Sky Sports.

It might be worth holding off any changes until June, when there is a new Sports Chanel coming online with Sky that will be included in the basic package and should include the tennis. I don't know the details, but keep a look out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cazza99
    I might have a go at that - will have to wait until there is not much I want to watch on Sky Sports for a while in case it does not work!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMES4578
    With another price increase due shortly,I've recently moved to a different package that includes Sky Sports but is cheaper (original with Sports rather than family-do lose some channels but not an awful lot I would miss),also managed to get a 15% reduction for 9 months. Doubt that much tennis would be included in the new Sports channel Sky Sports Mix
    With another price increase due shortly,I've recently moved to a different package that includes Sky Sports but is cheaper (original with Sports rather than family-do lose some channels but not an awful lot I would miss),also managed to get a 15% reduction for 9 months. Doubt that much tennis would be included in the new Sports channel Sky Sports Mix
    That's what I have done. I have lost the documentaries, which I don't really watch. My main problem with Sky is I have their Broadband, which meets my essential criteria ie that it works consistently. I am loathe to move to a less reliable provider.
    I have tried the "loyal customer" line many times and got absolutely nowhere. I have also threatened to leave sky and did get a slight discount but it didn't last long. I'm obviously like you Linda, can't get anything for nothing ... and when I switched sky sports on recently for IW I missed the existing customer offer by 1 or 2 days! Story of my life!

Re: Ways to watch tennis on TV (by Teresa)

Page 14: 31/03/2016 to 02/04/2016

I have tried the "loyal customer" line many times and got absolutely nowhere. I have also threatened to leave sky and did get a slight discount but it didn't last long. I'm obviously like you Linda, can't get anything for nothing ... and when I switched sky sports on recently for IW I missed the existing customer offer by 1 or 2 days! Story of my life!
    Check out what the likes of BT are offering and then quote that back at them. The trick sometimes is to point out that you can get what Sky are offering cheaper elsewhere. Also if you have never had any offers point that out to them. Their records will confirm that. Also if at first you don't succeed try another time and another person.
    I have looked at the original package but it doesn't include Eurosport or HD (except for the free to air channels). Mind you, you now have to pay even more to have sky sports in HD. It is becoming ridiculously expensive!

If I didn't rely so much on our sky+ box I would find another provider but cable not an option as we don't have it in our village. I will look at others for price comparison though Teresa and see if I can use it as bargaining power.
    ITV4 do cover the French,will need to see next year for the Australian mind you-obviously some drawbacks though. Don't have cable in my area either so Sky have a bit of a monopoly, as far as I'm aware you can get only get Sky Sports 1 and 2 via BT.
    Quote Originally Posted by RosieBear
    Hey Caro, I'm with you on this one - never had any joy with Sky. Getting Sky Sports the "traditional" way (i.e. having to have all the other channels in order to get Sports as well is ridiculously expensive. I've stopped doing that and now pay 31.50 a month for just Sports via the Now TV app on my tablet which I cast to my TV (using Chromecast). It works well, but needs decent internet connection.
    I only switched sky sports on just before Indian Wells and after advice re: TennisTV, I decided to cancel sky sports and get that instead.

You only have to have sky sports for a month and can then cancel but you have to give 30 days notice. Ok I think to myself, I'll cancel now and it will switch off end of April just in time for me to get TennisTV for May at 14.99 for the month ... MUCH cheaper than sky at 25.50! So I hit the cancel button ..... Low and behold it offers me sky sports for 12.75 a months (half price) for 6 months - result! At last.

I will cancel after all the clay masters and I'll only have sky sports back if I can get it half price in the future, otherwise I will go for the TennisTV monthly for the months I want it. U.S. Open will have to be sky though as Eurosport don't have all the matches.
    RB .... or anyone else that knows ... Can you explain chrome cast to me? What exactly is it and how does it work? TennisTV website says you can stream to TV this way but I haven't a clue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    Quote Originally Posted by RosieBear
    I didn't have a clue either, got my bro to set it up for me, but apparently it is really easy. Chromecast is a little device that you stick in the back of your TV that allows to cast whatever you're watching your tablet or phone on to the television http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-...160331182044:s
    Thanks both. Will investigate
    Chrome cast is like the Fire TV stick. Works in the same way, but not linked to Amazon.

Re: US OPEN 2016 - Mens singles - main tournment thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bardot View Post
    In case anyone missed the news Sky Sports have relinquished the broadcasting rights to the US Open and it will be shown on Eurosport as from this year. Great, more Simon Reed.
    Thanks for the heads up. I was about to buy a sub for a couple of weeks to watch Sky Sports via Now TV. So it will be Eurosport Player instead. I'll risk Reed rather than not be able to watch any matches at all!

Quote Originally Posted by JAMES4578 View Post
    Indeed heard Sky had relinquished the rights and will need to make with do with Eurosport, pretty sure that Eurosport is not available via Sky Go.
    I have Sky Go and both Eurosport 1 & 2 are on it.

Oh no!! Stupid sky. Eurosports coverage is crap and they already do so many others. Can't believe I pay so much to sky a month and the tennis is just on less and less! Boo!! I'm no longer looking forward to the US open as much as I was :(

Eurosport only usually cover the first few rounds. Hope this changes. Also no red button.

Also means that once I purchase a smart TV and get fibre broadband it will be cheaper to watch tennis on Tennis TV.

Challenger Circuit

Quote Originally Posted by JAMES4578 View Post
    Indeed heard Sky had relinquished the rights and will need to make with do with Eurosport, pretty sure that Eurosport is not available via Sky Go.
    Just checked - it seems to work.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Teresa For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (17-08-2016)

Only online though (other courts) . I prefer to watch ok red button as my iPad is tiny and I don't have a smart tv. Also I prefer the sky presenting and commentating line up. Well boo. Time to buy a smart to and subscribe to tennis tv Eurosport is shocking. Terrible presenting coverage and commentary.

They have petch for this one? Well that makes things a lot brighter

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JerryD For This Useful Post:

jeannie13 (17-08-2016)

Oh blast, what a pain l have Sky Sports for the tennis thinking l was covered for the US Open, can l order Eurosport just for US Open ? Does anyone know why Sky are not showing the Open