Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 Thread

Formula 1 Thread

Japanese GP this weekend.

Usually a good race at Suzuka. I remember Raikkonen winning from 17th back in '05?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maza1987 For This Useful Post:

davech (19-05-2012)

Challenger Circuit

Re: Formula 1 Thread

Jenson commits future to Mclaren wooooooo! :D

BBC

^Yeh, a natural choice. They have a harmonious relationship.

Challenger Circuit

How many more years will the golden boy stay as his team-mate if things don't improve re him/ the car?

Quote Originally Posted by AllyB View Post
    How many more years will the golden boy stay as his team-mate if things don't improve re him/ the car?
    Well he's got nowhere to go. Red Bull has tied down Seb for a few more years. My team, Ferrari, won't want him as Alonso will ensure it doesn't happen + it would be silly to pair them up again. He's best off staying at Mclaren.

Challenger Circuit

Quote Originally Posted by Maza1987 View Post
    Well he's got nowhere to go. Red Bull has tied down Seb for a few more years. My team, Ferrari, won't want him as Alonso will ensure it doesn't happen + it would be silly to pair them up again. He's best off staying at Mclaren.
    You think he wouldn't fancy Webber's seat?

You think he wouldn't fancy Webber's seat?
    No, what I meant was with Seb being there, it's highly unlikely that the RB management would want to rock the boat. It's always better, in my opinion, to have one 'alpha male' in each team paired with a driver who is, by consensus, regarded less fast. I.e. Barrichello, Irvine, Coulthard, Massa, Webber. That's my take.

Challenger Circuit

Quote Originally Posted by Maza1987 View Post
    No, what I meant was with Seb being there, it's highly unlikely that the RB management would want to rock the boat. It's always better, in my opinion, to have one 'alpha male' in each team paired with a driver who is, by consensus, regarded less fast. I.e. Barrichello, Irvine, Coulthard, Massa, Webber. That's my take.
    Fair assessment, although not sure who is the alpha male in McLaren. Lewis would definitely like to be but the wise old head is leading the brave young warrior so far.

Fair assessment, although not sure who is the alpha male in McLaren. Lewis would definitely like to be but the wise old head is leading the brave young warrior so far.
    Yes. Lewis has outqualified Jenson the majority of the time this year, but has not had the racecraft of Jenson to be ahead of him in the standings.

I like Lewis and Jenson in the same team so leave him be

actually I'm with the majority on this on

Alonsos team mate again? never going to happen, not in a million years regardless of what team either of them may be at

shumi? Mercedes aren't strong enough to attract Lewis at the moment

Red Bull? haven't got the bottle to pair Lewis and Seb, look what has happened in the past when Mark had the brass neck to fight for the same piece of track with Seb? Seb was the golden boy always Mark's fault if they collided
    only way Lewis is going to Red Bull for the next few year is if Seb and Red Bull have a major fall out and Seb moves on

as for Renault? they are no better than Force India, Sauber etc. etc. etc.