Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 Thread

Re: Formula 1 Thread

Oh, I'm really sad to hear that

Very sad news about Dan Wheldon. His family, friends and colleagues must be devastated.

May Dan rest in peace.

Another motorsport death today as Marco Simoncelli is killed at the Malaysian MotoGP.
    Hawkeye always has the last word.

Oh, that's awful

yes so sad

I was watching this live. I saw the helmet fly off and then they showed him on the track lying still with no helmet. Then the cameras cut to the pits. I knew it was a bad one when to see the helmet fly off. Very sad news indeed.

So gutted
    Marco was really a special boy, always so nice and funny, I really don't know anyone who didn't like him
    24 years old: way too young to die, but I hope his family can take solace knowing he died doing what he loved most. RIP, Marco

So sad.

Challenger Circuit

Another dominant win for Vettel. Another strong 2nd for Jenson! Hopefully the other teams will be more of a challenge to Seb next season - take nothing away from his ability but it doesn't make for the most exciting races.

Not sure if the stewards were mindful of the anti-Lewis press but thought the accident should probably just have gone down as a racing incident - can't see where Massa was at fault.

In the post-race interview Lewis just seemed so fed up - not motivation there at all.

"Grand Chalem" today for Seb. Pole, win, fastest lap and led every lap. Seldom is this achieved.

And yes, I thought the Felipe (although I am a Ferrari fan) incident should have passed without any penalties. Lewis was not far enough ahead (he was not ahead at all) to call the apex his, and Felipe needed to be mindful that Lewis was at least there and that he could not simply disappear. But because of the history the stewards felt they needed to do something and, I believe, they did not want to be accused of being in the 'anti-Hamilton' brigade so they gave it to the driver whom they felt was most at fault. But I believe it was just a motor racing incident. When you put your car down the inside like that, you always risk contact.

Good to see my man Schumi having a strong race from 11th.