On Monday 10th September, I went and stood in the Strand in London to watch the Olympic parade. As the lorries, carrying our medal winners went by, the male announcer reminded everyone that Andy Murray was in New York in the US Open final. I was staying at someone's house, who rented out rooms to people, in Maidstone. After the parade, I went back there. The final was due to start at 9pm (21.00pm) and radio five live would be doing live commentary on it. As I laid in bed, listening to the radio, I heard Murray and Djokovic walking out onto the court. Then, the match started. Andy got off to a fantastic start by breaking Novak's serve in the first game, but Novak broke back. Andy then broke Novak's serve in the third game, but Novak broke back again. I kept willing Andy on, as it went to a tie break. Novak then started to win the tie break, but Andy fought back and kept getting set points. At his sixth attempt, he won the first set. I cheered. During the second set, Andy broke Novak's serve and went onto win it. He was one set away from winning his first Grand Slam title. But, Novak had other ideas and came back to make it two sets all. It was now the early hours of Tuesday morning and Andy had gone for a comfort break before the beginning of the fifth set. When it started, Andy raced into a 3 - 0 lead, but Novak won the next two games. Being cheered on by me, Andy went onto win the next three games and his first Grand Slam title. I cheered and hoped that I hadn't woken anybody else up. I put on the TV and, luckily, it had Sky news on it. At about 2am, they showed how Andy had won it, his reaction, Lendl and the rest of his team and Andy lifting the trophy. I turned the TV off and, somehow, managed to sleep for the rest of the night. The next morning, as I drove back home to Paignton, I hoped there would be more Grand Slam titles for Andy.