Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Farming: Lambing, collapsing cowsheds & piggeries (Llamas? Wild Boar? Ostriches? Allygators? GOATS?)

Challenger Circuit

Re: Farming: Lambing, collapsing cowsheds & piggeries (Llamas? Wild Boar? Ostriches? Allygators? GOA

Ouch. Don't fancy that at all. We've still to scan the biggest lots, but spending most of my time carting feed to them. Not sure it's cost effective but they're losing condition even with feeding.

Hopefully (doesn't look like it down here) the weather picks up for you soon Jane.

Re: Farming: Lambing, collapsing cowsheds & piggeries (Llamas? Wild Boar? Ostriches? Allygators? GOA

Thanks Ally. Been rubbish today. On the plus side we're no longer having to bottle feed as the ewes have come into their milk. They're still lambing. Should hopefully stop in the next day or so!

Quote Originally Posted by hfwardhouse View Post
    Thanks Ally. Been rubbish today. On the plus side we're no longer having to bottle feed as the ewes have come into their milk. They're still lambing. Should hopefully stop in the next day or so!
    Well I guess you can look on the bright side and there will not be as many to lamb later on. My brother got caught out the other year when a tup had got out. They certainly don't hang around and can errrrr service quite a few ewes in a short space of time.

Challenger Circuit

I had one ram out for 3 or 4 hours max this year about a fortnight before intended. Scanner reckons there's about 12 to 15 going to lamb early.

Busy boy

Challenger Circuit

Lambing finished yet? Not looking forward to mine. Lost a good few to the snow and the rest not looking great.