Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Farming: Lambing, collapsing cowsheds & piggeries (Llamas? Wild Boar? Ostriches? Allygators? GOATS?)

Challenger Circuit

Re: Farming: Lambing, collapsing cowsheds & piggeries (Llamas? Wild Boar? Ostriches? Allygators? GOA

Quote Originally Posted by -J- View Post
    Seems like the appropriate place to share this picture of this young otter casually wondering past the wife's business
    Read this earlier as "young otter casualty" and couldn't work out what was wrong with it lol!

Re: Farming: Lambing, collapsing cowsheds & piggeries (Llamas? Wild Boar? Ostriches? Allygators? GOA

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    I am green with envy. I have driven along that road many times. It's just going into Tarbet isn't it?
    Tarbert main Street. Where all the shops are ( 3 shops )

3. The Following User Says Thank You to -J- For This Useful Post:

Teresa (08-03-2017)

Was the otter going shopping?

Don't know if it a coincidence but next door is a "chip shop"

Challenger Circuit

Haven't you got a tourism thread to go to. This is supposed to be MY farming thread, not for people who have little better to do than photograph wildlife and advertise their local shops!

Quote Originally Posted by AllyB View Post
    Haven't you got a tourism thread to go to. This is supposed to be MY farming thread, not for people who have little better to do than photograph wildlife and advertise their local shops!
    Bet if it was a picture of a beaver you wouldn't be moaning

Challenger Circuit

Here's one for J........ SeeYa Later Alligator.

My husband encountered this while enjoying his Sunday morning round of golf last weekend here in Jacksonville, Florida. This was about 6-8 foot and it's momma hangs around the lake as well. Brings a whole new meaning to water traps!!! Hope you can make this out, he didn't get too close!!!

030517AlligatorClose.jpg
    If you click on it you can see it.

Personally I prefer the otter any day. One of my favorite animals.

Sorry Ally but they do have Alligator Farms here, does that count???
    2011 Bubble Gap Champion

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genbrit For This Useful Post:

-J- (08-03-2017), anor (08-03-2017), pabbers (08-03-2017)

Challenger Circuit

I think I prefer the otter..........

Gulp!
    Pat xx

So last summer was a hard one for us as my mum in law was in hospital and died on 18th August. We spent such a lot of time in the hospital and then sorting things out for her funeral that farming had to take a back seat.... We're paying for it now as the rams and ewes weren't separated when they should have been with inevitable consequences. So we're lambing in February and what a nightmare that is. It's been snowing off and on the whole time meaning we've got to keep the lambed ewes inside!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hfwardhouse For This Useful Post:

cazza99 (14-02-2018)