Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: QUEENS - 19-25 June 2017 - Main thread

Junior Tour

Re: QUEENS - 19-25 June 2017 - Main thread

Was glad to see Lopez win today! Especially considering he's wanted to win it for so long!
    He did great in the tie breaks.

Also enjoyed seeing Jamie win the doubles! Yay!

Like other people are saying, it wasn't the final I had in mind when I bought the tickets but it was lovely to be at Queen's and I plan on buying tickets for days 1 and 2 next year.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naomi For This Useful Post:

Alis (25-06-2017), anor (26-06-2017), traveller7 (03-07-2017)

I also was there and enjoyed it. I had been supporting Andy until he went out (obviously), Tsonga (until his exit), Dimitrov (until his exit) so not having much luck and beginning to think I was a jinx on them all. It was nice to see Lopez win but having thought that Cilic played so excellently all tournament, I did feel a bit sorry for him. But hey ho, someone has to lose.
    Great of course to see Jamie win his semi and then the final and a real bonus.
    All in all I enjoyed the day very much at Queens after having been so disappointed earlier in the week about Andy exiting. It is a lovely setting, not too difficult for me to get to, and a chance to meet tennis friends again.
    Andy Murray - more exciting than a carnival weekend in Rio

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosalind For This Useful Post:

clancy (26-06-2017)

Well with my nephew here I actullay didn't really get to watch any of the tennis. Glad that Lopez won though, not just because I'm not a fan of cilic. I really hope Lopez gets back up the rankings again and this is the start of more great wins for him it was great to see Jamie and Bruno got the doubles trophy too hope its a sign o a good run in wimbie

Junior Tour

Yeah hope so!

One thing I will say about Queen's is those blue chairs.....I can still feel where the chair was on my bony back, lol!
    I'm glad I know for next time where's better to sit too, the view of the baseline from block E was very restricted.

Challenger Circuit

Fantastic final wasn't it?! I was happy for Feli that he won, he was so happy. I didn't know about the bull fighting ... I abhor cruel sports with every bone in my body so that is a turn off but his tennis was fantastic. I am clearly in the minority big time re: Cilic - I really like him. His style of play doesn't particularly excite me but he's such a nice guy. Totally agree with RB, he has served his time, time to move on.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caro For This Useful Post:

banskogirl (29-06-2017), RosieBear (29-06-2017)

I didnt get to watch the final but so pleased for Lopez having got so close to winning a couple of years ago.