Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do Not Go Gently into that Good Night or "It's Life Jim, but Not as We Know it"

Re: Do Not Go Gently into that Good Night or "It's Life Jim, but Not as We Know it"

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Alan. Congratulations on your Wedding anniversary. When I met you in Ghent it was obvious that you both loved each other, and I must admit that I fell in love with Alan as it was clear to see his courage and generosity of spirit. You are both such wonderful adverts of what makes a successful marriage.
    As to the lack of visits from former colleagues I believe that they don't know how they will cope, not that is a good enough reason as they should put your needs above their fears.
    If I was nearer I would visit, but be sure you are both very much in my thoughts and prayers.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mickey For This Useful Post:

anor (11-06-2017), clancy (11-06-2017), lynne (11-06-2017), supergran (11-06-2017)

Re: Do Not Go Gently into that Good Night or "It's Life Jim, but Not as We Know it"

Thank you Mickey for your beautiful reply. I know we are in your prayers always.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to supergran For This Useful Post:

Mickey (11-06-2017)

I want to thank you for introducing me to the wonderful poem of Dylan Thomas.
    In my ignorance I had to look it up on the internet.It brought me to tears & memories were reignited.
    I hope you had a happy day today together. Wish I was able to visit. Just remember that we are here to listen & care.
    Lots of love Jean xxxx

Thanks Jean, glad you appreciate the poem which isn't surprising as you are a woman who appreciates the Arts. X At least no one has noticed gently instead of gentle. I should pay more attention to what comes up on screen. I don't know how to correct it, not that it matters.
    Last edited by supergran; 11-06-2017 at 12:59.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supergran For This Useful Post:

jeannie13 (11-06-2017), lynne (11-06-2017)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to greatunclebulgaria For This Useful Post:

supergran (25-06-2017)