Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Do Not Go Gently into that Good Night or "It's Life Jim, but Not as We Know it"

Re: Do Not Go Gently into that Good Night or "It's Life Jim, but Not as We Know it"

It’s understandable that you rage, but this quote by the author Libby Purves, on the death of her son, (by suicide) has always struck me as quite beautiful.

She continues: 'One thing which has held me together this past year has been the absolute knowledge that he did not want to shipwreck or blight us. He stayed as long as he could. Therefore it is a kind of duty not to be shipwrecked or blighted for his honour's sake.

The full article is:-

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...culture.poetry

As a former English teacher I think you will appreciate it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teresa For This Useful Post:

JerryD (12-10-2017), supergran (12-10-2017)

Re: Do Not Go Gently into that Good Night or "It's Life Jim, but Not as We Know it"

It sounds like the day went just as you planned, a beautiful send off, you all did him proud. And what lovely hymns you chose.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WimbledonWestie For This Useful Post:

supergran (12-10-2017)

A beautifully written and very moving post Maureen. You are a very brave woman and Alan would have been so proud of you. I really liked your choice of hymns and music. Tear-jerking. Take care.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlowe For This Useful Post:

Caro (13-10-2017), supergran (12-10-2017)

I can't begin to understand how anyone who knows you, or knew Alan feels right now. Your post has me in tears, dreading the day when similar awaits my wife or myself.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AllyB For This Useful Post:

supergran (12-10-2017)

Sounds like it was a fitting tribute SG. As always you are in our hearts and our thoughts xx x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JerryD For This Useful Post:

supergran (12-10-2017)

Challenger Circuit

Quote Originally Posted by RosieBear View Post
    A truly beautiful celebration of Alan's life and the life you built together, Mo. Many people never find the kind of love you shared with Alan, you have so many memories to cherish.
    Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    A beautifully written and very moving post Maureen. You are a very brave woman and Alan would have been so proud of you. I really liked your choice of hymns and music. Tear-jerking. Take care.
    I couldn't have put it better myself. Sending you lots of love always xxx

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caro For This Useful Post:

jeannie13 (13-10-2017), JerryD (13-10-2017), supergran (13-10-2017)

Challenger Circuit

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us. I felt as though I was there with you throughout this, and how I wish I could have been to offer my support personally.

So glad you had such a good turn out, it shows the admiration and love that so many have for Alan & you.

Thanks to everyone from this forum who have been there to support you as well.
    2011 Bubble Gap Champion

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Genbrit For This Useful Post:

supergran (13-10-2017)

You have written a very moving account of Alan's funeral Mo. What a great send off.
    I noticed the rendition of "Going Home"--a beautiful song which never fails to reduce me to tears.
    Stay strong and know you are constantly in all our thoughts. Much love Jeanxxx

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeannie13 For This Useful Post:

JerryD (16-10-2017), supergran (14-10-2017)