Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Wimbledon 2018- who is planning on going/tickets?

Re: Wimbledon 2018- who is planning on going/tickets?

You’re welcome. I had court 1 tickets for today but my friend decided to stand me up because he wanted to see the football. I was a bit worried about him losing money so I tried to find another guest but had no takers. I tried to return his ticket but found you could only return pairs.

My plans was to leave my house at 7.30 to get to the train. As the latest train back to Liverpool at 9 often means you miss some of the Tennis allowing for the hour to pick up luggage, get to Southfields, and eventually to Euston. So I thought I’d train it to Manchester. But then I no longer had a lift from Manchester to Liverpool so it would be waiting 2 hours in Manchester in the very early hours. So in the end decided on a megabus home Victoria to Liverpool. 11pm - 5am as there was nothing at 10 like I wanted. Then a bus from the city home and I’d get in at 6am on Thursday.

I hadn’t booked my crazy return when the order of play came out. Glad I hadn’t. Because the thought of travelling from 7.30am til midday and then 11pm til 6am to see 2 matches that would most likely be a bit dull and only 1 player I actually like. Seemed a bit much. I was so hoping either djoko/kei or nadal/Delpo would be on 1. I had reason to hope as tiger has played centre for the last 27 consecutive times. So I decided it wasn’t to be. And returned the pair of tickets with 20 minutes to go. Row F too :( all went against me with England winning. Then the oop. More tickets were released for centre but I still had the problem of no guest and the resales don’t allow you to buy singles which is just wrong. The option seems to be there but only seems to work if you select 2. Select 2 and there are tickets. Select 1 and there’s no tickets!

So I will have to make myself happy with TV. we had so many great days at wimbie this year. Got the tickets we wanted mind/tie/wed in the queue. Then had ballot tickets for Thursday for centre so more great matches. Then on Monday I had resales for court 1. We also saw a lot of Tennis on the outside courts. We had lunch on the courts everyday so only really left them to refill water, go to the loo and change courts. It was a lot of tennis. Though it did mean most of the seeing of others was waving across a court or a quick hello on the way to the loo lol. So my Wimbledon is over earlier than expected. Unless I get lucky with Ticketmaster lol. Unlikely. Next live tennis is USO, last live Tennis was queens. So I can’t complain.

Have a great time to everyone with days to come.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JerryD For This Useful Post:

anor (11-07-2018), Genbrit (12-07-2018), goldfish (11-07-2018), JimmyG (11-07-2018), Maud (13-07-2018), patlowe (11-07-2018), prizzo53144 (12-07-2018), Rosalind (11-07-2018), roytennisfan (12-07-2018), supergran (12-07-2018)

Challenger Circuit

Glad you enjoyed your Wimbledon experience this year Jerry. I went on both Tuesdays - queuing week 1, though acquiring a Ct 3 ticket too and yesterday with a ct 1 ticket. Whilst yesterday's ct 1 matches wouldn't be amongst my Wimbledon highlights, I still enjoyed being there but preferred watching the GB junior girls win their R1 doubles on the outside courts. It's good to see the juniors at the start of their Wimbledon journey. Watched Jamie's doubles match on the hill until set 5 when we moved to centre court. Shame he lost. Have watched sporadically at home - largely dictated by babysitting duties - and appreciate being able to choose which match to follow although at times there have been too many choices. Missed Andy but there has still been plenty to keep the interest going and it's just a lovely place to go to.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfish For This Useful Post:

anor (12-07-2018), supergran (12-07-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by angiebabez View Post
    What a laugh we had from start to finish that day!! From winding up Novak on centre to good laughs and drinks with friends in food hall to a great night up wimbly village. Was a right giggle ...Can't believe you ya nutter
    It takes one to know one!

Wild Card

Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    You’re welcome. I had court 1 tickets for today but my friend decided to stand me up because he wanted to see the football. I was a bit worried about him losing money so I tried to find another guest but had no takers. I tried to return his ticket but found you could only return pairs.

My plans was to leave my house at 7.30 to get to the train. As the latest train back to Liverpool at 9 often means you miss some of the Tennis allowing for the hour to pick up luggage, get to Southfields, and eventually to Euston. So I thought I’d train it to Manchester. But then I no longer had a lift from Manchester to Liverpool so it would be waiting 2 hours in Manchester in the very early hours. So in the end decided on a megabus home Victoria to Liverpool. 11pm - 5am as there was nothing at 10 like I wanted. Then a bus from the city home and I’d get in at 6am on Thursday.

I hadn’t booked my crazy return when the order of play came out. Glad I hadn’t. Because the thought of travelling from 7.30am til midday and then 11pm til 6am to see 2 matches that would most likely be a bit dull and only 1 player I actually like. Seemed a bit much. I was so hoping either djoko/kei or nadal/Delpo would be on 1. I had reason to hope as tiger has played centre for the last 27 consecutive times. So I decided it wasn’t to be. And returned the pair of tickets with 20 minutes to go. Row F too :( all went against me with England winning. Then the oop. More tickets were released for centre but I still had the problem of no guest and the resales don’t allow you to buy singles which is just wrong. The option seems to be there but only seems to work if you select 2. Select 2 and there are tickets. Select 1 and there’s no tickets!

So I will have to make myself happy with TV. we had so many great days at wimbie this year. Got the tickets we wanted mind/tie/wed in the queue. Then had ballot tickets for Thursday for centre so more great matches. Then on Monday I had resales for court 1. We also saw a lot of Tennis on the outside courts. We had lunch on the courts everyday so only really left them to refill water, go to the loo and change courts. It was a lot of tennis. Though it did mean most of the seeing of others was waving across a court or a quick hello on the way to the loo lol. So my Wimbledon is over earlier than expected. Unless I get lucky with Ticketmaster lol. Unlikely. Next live tennis is USO, last live Tennis was queens. So I can’t complain.

Have a great time to everyone with days to come.
    I got a Centre returns ticket (my 4th centre court, also had a ct1 and Kyle) which was really great in 206 G, pretty close but just in the shade. It was a massive day's tennis, I was on centre court for 7 hours, missed a couple of games but had to leave at 8 with my 9.10 train to catch (no i'm not supergran who really impressed me by staying on Saturday), so the match was still on serve (2-1), still really in the balance, hard to pick a winner, but just a feeling Rafa might shade it. I have now watched the last 7 amazing games on the player, it really was a fantastic match, one of the best I have been at.

There was real shock when Roger went out, especially after being 2 sets up. Having watched Djok 3 times and Rafa twice, my feeling is that if Rafa performs at anything like the same level as today again on Friday, then he will win (and hopefully the final, as well). The other semi, I don't really care about, probably won't bother watching it, just hope the winner of Anderson and Isner, don't win it on Sunday.

Really sorry you decided not to come Jerry, I think you could easily have got on centre, people picking up tickets in front of me were desperate for Federer, and I bet many others were. However with your journey problems and second ticket issue, I do obviously understand your frustration and your thinking. I must admit I was very glad myself to see Federer put on Court 1, although having seen the result, it would have been nice to be there to see the faces of some of the over the top Federer fans. It seems that unless one of us gets Friday, we will be tied on going 5 days, the same as Angie! James, of course it had to be him, did 6 consecutive days in the opening week, also without needing the queue. Certainly it was a good year for some of us in the new LTA returns, let's hope they are available in the same numbers next year.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to roytennisfan For This Useful Post:

Genbrit (12-07-2018), JerryD (12-07-2018), JimmyG (12-07-2018), themass15 (12-07-2018)

I will have been 6 times after tomorrow, think we benefited this year from the resales because the football was on.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to themass15 For This Useful Post:

roytennisfan (12-07-2018)

Wild Card

Quote Originally Posted by themass15 View Post
    I will have been 6 times after tomorrow, think we benefited this year from the resales because the football was on.
    Sorry didn't realise you got that many, you did really well as well, we could have done so many days, i could have taken another 5 days of centre court tickets on the resales but guessing they could put some restictions next year since they have contacted some people about the number of days they have bought

I only had one day through LTA resales, although I could have had more but had to work two days each week.

I had no joy at all with the resale. To be fair, there was only one day I could take and due to issues at work I wasn't able to try until I got home. Not sure if it was timing, using a tablet or just zero tickets that went against me. Hoping for better luck next year!

Had a nice time yesterday despite feeling ill. Took my dad who has never been before he loved it on No1 court what a match the Jamie match was! We had great seats which I sadly didnt get to use much as had to sit off court most of the day but I had fun never the less and my Dad did which was the main thing.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to traveller7 For This Useful Post:

anor (14-07-2018), JAMES4578 (13-07-2018), jeannie13 (13-07-2018), roytennisfan (13-07-2018)

What a day at Wimbledon today. Also managed to get tickets through LTA resale for Ladies Final little knowing at that point I would see the end of the Rafa v Novak match. Left at 9p.m. because going tomorrow thinking Novak would have won it in 3 sets. I couldn't believe their standard of tennis to the first match.