Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wimbledon 2018- who is planning on going/tickets?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Wimbledon 2018- who is planning on going/tickets?

Ballot opens 1st September hehe.

Re: Wimbledon 2018- who is planning on going?

So federer will be defending champion which means he will be on centre first. I don't think there's much chance of getting in the first 500 just before midnight like last year with him defending. It will be full much earlier. Probably an early Sunday morning for me then. This is there's seemed to be more camping and queuing that last.

I need to remember to double and triple check my david Lloyd ballot for Next year after this year's misunderstanding

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JerryD For This Useful Post:

Caro (18-07-2017)

Banned

I'm going second week next year. Travelling on Middle Sunday and staying there till the end. The only way I will go at any point during the first week is if I get a ticket. Queuing for 12 hours to get on Centre Court does my head in!!! All I want to do is go in and watch tennis. I found in the first week I was missing so much cos I was queing!! 2nd week easier to get in and get to resales etc.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murray rocks For This Useful Post:

Caro (18-07-2017), themass15 (18-07-2017)

Challenger Circuit

Quote Originally Posted by Murray rocks View Post
    I'm going second week next year. Travelling on Middle Sunday and staying there till the end. The only way I will go at any point during the first week is if I get a ticket. Queuing for 12 hours to get on Centre Court does my head in!!! All I want to do is go in and watch tennis. I found in the first week I was missing so much cos I was queing!! 2nd week easier to get in and get to resales etc.
    I loved seeing tennis on the outside courts in the first week and sitting on the hill watching the big screen for a break. I definitely wouldn't queue for resales every day but I was made up to get to see 2 matches on CC the 1 day I did do resales so it was worth it for me. It's busy the first week I agree but there is so much more to Wimbledon than CC in the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    So federer will be defending champion which means he will be on centre first. I don't think there's much chance of getting in the first 500 just before midnight like last year with him defending. It will be full much earlier. Probably an early Sunday morning for me then. This is there's seemed to be more camping and queuing that last.
    Would definitely consider camping next year but just depends on the draw really, which we won't know till a few days before. We are going to book our same B&B for the whole of the first week and see what happens. If we get tickets for the 2nd week, we will have to re-think. Hope Fed has retired by then ... his fans are an utter pain, pushing people to the ground in the resales queue on semis day!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Caro For This Useful Post:

JerryD (07-02-2018)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    I loved seeing tennis on the outside courts in the first week and sitting on the hill watching the big screen for a break. I definitely wouldn't queue for resales every day but I was made up to get to see 2 matches on CC the 1 day I did do resales so it was worth it for me. It's busy the first week I agree but there is so much more to Wimbledon than CC in the first week.

Would definitely consider camping next year but just depends on the draw really, which we won't know till a few days before. We are going to book our same B&B for the whole of the first week and see what happens. If we get tickets for the 2nd week, we will have to re-think. Hope Fed has retired by then ... his fans are an utter pain, pushing people to the ground in the resales queue on semis day!!
    Can't stick Pushing my way round the outside courts. It drives me mad. Centre court for me every day if only I was rich ha.
    Federers fans get on my nerves bad news is he is prob playing till he is 40.

The thing I like about camping for tickets is that it doesn't feel like queueing. Unlike resale lol. I like it to see lots of players and as many show courts as I can. Next year I plan to stay for the first week with some b&b and some camping. not sure about the second week. Did think about coming home and then returning Monday to queue for quarters but I don't like the idea of missing the action Monday either on tv or live. So I'm going to give that more thought.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JerryD For This Useful Post:

Caro (19-07-2017)

There are lots of matches on the outside Courts the first 4 days so, unless you want to see a big name, it shouldn't be a problem. Also quite often you get a better match on an outside court rather than a very one-sided match on Centre or Court 1. Even on the middle Saturday Linda an I easily got on Court No. 12 to see a Ladies Singles match. It is far harder to get on a court if the men are playing. Not sure what I will do next year. My broadband is so slow, TM has become a non starter. I only spent one day in the resales queue (during the 2nd week) and that was fine. I would happily do it again, but if you are only going a couple of days you do not want to spend all your time queuing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to themass15 For This Useful Post:

Caro (19-07-2017)

Banned

First day as Andy was on centre first. I went to court 18 when I first got in and watched Laura Robson, then I went and watched Andy on the Hill then I got a resale for Centre and saw Wawrinka get knocked out. Tuesday I went in the evening and saw two ladies matches one on court 2 and one on court 3. Wednesday and Friday I queued in resales to get on for Andy and both times got on for him and nadal matches. Thursday I didn't go at all as was ill after queing in full sun for hours on Wednesday.
    The following Wednesday I got lucky on ticketmaster, Thursday ballot tics and sat ticketmaster again. Sunday I nearly didn't get in at all but managed to and got on centre for mixed doubles.
    The best times j had was when I had a centre tic for sure.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murray rocks For This Useful Post:

anor (18-07-2017), Caro (19-07-2017)

Today I received an email with ticket offer (overseas) for first friday on centre court. The tickets are available until first March.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gagarin For This Useful Post:

Genbrit (31-01-2018)

Lucky you! Overseas ballot must have gone out first. First ballot for UK residents doesn't normally go out until 3rd week in Feb. Sometimes they send out successful applicants for Courts 2 & 3 a couple of weeks earlier.