Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: Wimbledon 2018- who is planning on going/tickets?

Re: Wimbledon 2018- who is planning on going?

Quote Originally Posted by themass15 View Post
    Men's quarters (11 July) is the last day the queue operates for tickets on Centre and No. 1. I have never queued for that day but would imagine you would need to start queuing on the Monday. I have phoned a couple of times on the Tuesday and been told there were 1,000 people queuing by 6 p.m. There are 500 tickets for Centre and 500 for No. 1.
    Well, as a first timer to the queue we have arrived just now 730am on Monday for Wednesdays quarterfinals. We are currently tly number 6196. Hope to be able to meet some of you over the next few days that might also be in line. This is all very interesting to this American!!!

Re: Wimbledon 2018- who is planning on going/tickets?

6196? Are you sure that's for Wednesday and not Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    6196? Are you sure that's for Wednesday and not Tuesday?
    Sorry for the confusion. Trying to figure this out. Our queue card says Monday but ultimately hoping for Wednesdays matches.

Quote Originally Posted by prizzo53144 View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. Trying to figure this out. Our queue card says Monday but ultimately hoping for Wednesdays matches.
    Using her clicker, Steward just said we are 119 in queue for Wednesday's matches. Very excited.

A quick hello at the beginning of the second week! It's been almost unbearably hot, I'm in full sun till 7pm. Lots of water, hats and sun block essential. Keep safe and enjoy!

Not sure how many on this thread are interested to know, but found out that the showers near the queue are not available this year.

Just in case there is anyone who doesn't know I decided to stay for the whole of Kyle's match on Saturday and obviously missed my train home. Roy left and had to dash but I couldn't leave. Much hilarity and discussion about what to do with me from Angie and Jimmy G. Eventually Jimmy searched for hotels and booked me into the Premier Inn, Wimbledon South where coincidentally we are staying on Saturday. BTW it's nowhere near Wimbledon! Then enjoyed a fantastic evening with Angie, Jimmy and June. We met Jamie Delgado also. Got taxi to hotel. First time I've checked in without toiletries and change of clothes! Enjoyed a good breakfast when I met a friend from Scotland we had first met in Ghent. Great day and evening which I thoroughly enjoyed.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to supergran For This Useful Post:

angiebabez (10-07-2018), anor (10-07-2018), Caro (10-07-2018), Genbrit (10-07-2018), goldfish (11-07-2018), JerryD (10-07-2018), JimmyG (10-07-2018), patlowe (10-07-2018), roytennisfan (10-07-2018), WimbledonWestie (10-07-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by supergran View Post
    Just in case there is anyone who doesn't know I decided to stay for the whole of Kyle's match on Saturday and obviously missed my train home. Roy left and had to dash but I couldn't leave. Much hilarity and discussion about what to do with me from Angie and Jimmy G. Eventually Jimmy searched for hotels and booked me into the Premier Inn, Wimbledon South where coincidentally we are staying on Saturday. BTW it's nowhere near Wimbledon! Then enjoyed a fantastic evening with Angie, Jimmy and June. We met Jamie Delgado also. Got taxi to hotel. First time I've checked in without toiletries and change of clothes! Enjoyed a good breakfast when I met a friend from Scotland we had first met in Ghent. Great day and evening which I thoroughly enjoyed.
    You dirty stop out you! Good on you! How could you possibly have left! Meeting Jamie a reward for your support. Glad you enjoyed your day. And you still have Saturday to look for are to- our club coach will be there Saturday. Nothing beats a trip to Wimbledon. Enjoy.... see you in Glasgow.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WimbledonWestie For This Useful Post:

anor (10-07-2018), patlowe (10-07-2018), roytennisfan (10-07-2018), supergran (10-07-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by supergran View Post
    What a laugh we had from start to finish that day!! From winding up Novak on centre to good laughs and drinks with friends in food hall to a great night up wimbly village. Was a right giggle ...Can't believe you ya nutter

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to angiebabez For This Useful Post:

Caro (10-07-2018), Genbrit (10-07-2018), JimmyG (10-07-2018), roytennisfan (10-07-2018), supergran (12-07-2018)

Thanks again to Jerry for your advice on queuing information. I was able to get my choice of seats for tomorrow's action. But I did something kind of crazy. I also bought a Ticket Master LTA resale for Court 1 tomorrow. So now my buddy and I each have two tickets. I'm going to use my Q ticket for Center Court for Nadal match and court 1 to see Fed. So if anybody wants to see the Isner Raonic match let me know. And maybe some of the Novak match. Of course you already have to be inside the grounds on a grounds pass.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to prizzo53144 For This Useful Post:

Genbrit (10-07-2018)