Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DAVIS CUP 1st round - Fan support thread - travel, dinosaurs etc

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DAVIS CUP 1st round - Fan support thread - travel, dinosaurs etc

Ouch, no chance of me making this.

Challenger Circuit

Re: DAVIS CUP 1st Round 2018

Ouch indeed! Rough draw for the team. As away ties go in terms of travel it's not too bad BUT this time around I have to work the Thursday and Gill and I both have to work Monday so it will depend on whether we can fly to wherever it is late Thursday or first thing Friday morning from Brum. And home again Sunday evening. It's going to be touch and go so definitely can't commit until we know where it is and can can work our travel.

If we can't go, I might suggest a UK meet up to watch the tie if anyone would be interested in doing that.
    Last edited by Caro; 21-09-2017 at 12:15.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caro For This Useful Post:

Elizabeth (21-09-2017), Jan62 (20-09-2017), Steven (02-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    Ouch indeed! Rough draw for the team. As away ties go in terms of travel it's not too bad BUT this time around I have to work the Thursday and Fill and I both have to work Monday so it will depend on whether we can fly to wherever it is late Thursday or first thing Friday morning from Brum. And home again Sunday evening. It's going to be touch and go so definitely can't commit until we know where it is and can can work our travel.

If we can't go, I might suggest a UK meet up to watch the tie if anyone would be interested in doing that.
    Might be

5. The Following User Says Thank You to angiebabez For This Useful Post:

Caro (21-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by suttontennis View Post
    I hope they avoid the obvious choices of Barcelona or Madrid. They have played in Ovideo, Castellon, Gijon, Cordoba, Logrono, as well as the Magic Box. Anywhere that has a Bull Ring (except Birmingham)
    But the obvious choices are much easier for those who are tight for time. I will need to fly out late Friday or early Saturday & come back late Sunday or early Monday morning.

Futures Flyer

I would hope to be able to go but it does depend where it is and if flights are easy to Scotland as I would need to come back Sunday night or Monday morning. Failing that though, a meet up at home would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by RosieBear View Post
    Just home now to see the draw....and ugghhhh that is the worst in every way. Toughest for the team and I have zero desire to watch a Spanish clay-grindathon. Honestly, if France has produced an embarrassment of riches when it comes to flair players Spain has churned out grinders like nowhere else on earth Think I'd actually prefer a meet up in this country as Caro suggested

Roughly how I feel. Not sure the effort involved would be worth it. Without AM there is almost certainly only going to be one outcome.

I'm hoping not the islands as that would be expensive. But wherever it is we will make it work. It will be a long wait before we know. The obvious places like Madrid and Barca are munch easier for everyone to get to I guess. Wherever the most fans can get to, though maybe Spain will consider that and move it further.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JerryD For This Useful Post:

Caro (21-09-2017)

I'm tempted, BUT it depends on where it is, as I'd need to do a Ghent style flying visit, out Saturday, back Sunday - not sure I can get the Friday and Monday off work, can have a look tomorrow.

At least it's Europe and not USA or Australia!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to glenys For This Useful Post:

Caro (21-09-2017)

Challenger Circuit

Quote Originally Posted by RosieBear View Post
    Just home now to see the draw....and ugghhhh that is the worst in every way. Toughest for the team and I have zero desire to watch a Spanish clay-grindathon. Honestly, if France has produced an embarrassment of riches when it comes to flair players Spain has churned out grinders like nowhere else on earth Think I'd actually prefer a meet up in this country as Caro suggested
    Aww RB, it would still be DC and team GB and us lot

My participation however is in serious doubt as I've already said though. I had a quick look at flights last night, obvious ones. Barcelona looks the best for me and is definitely doable. Cannot believe there seems to be nothing from Brum to Madrid! I must have missed something surely! other than that I've not looked at anything else, no point until we know I suppose.

If it's not doable I would deffo be on for a UK meet up to watch. We'll just gag you when you keep complaining about the clay RB

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caro For This Useful Post:

JerryD (21-09-2017), RosieBear (21-09-2017)

Re: DAVIS CUP 1st round - Fan support thread - travel and dinasaursetc

Being the perennial pessimist, isn't Catalonia potentially kicking of at the moment, which might exclude Barcelona (sorry RB:-)