Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Champions Tennis - Royal Albert Hall

Re: Champions Tennis - Royal Albert Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    I am going on the Friday. Really looking forward to it. When are you going?
    Sorry for the late reply we're going down today, actually I'm running so late better shake a leg before Lynne gets worried about missing the train.

PS. I have sent you a PM
    Last edited by jagmad; 30-11-2017 at 10:26.

I am raffling off a pair of tickets for the fina evening session on Sunday to raise money for Royal marsden and Elena Baltacha foundation if anyone is interested and can make it. Tickets cost just £5. Ends tonight midnight GMT. Here's the link to enter if you wish http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ZainabWalji

Pity no longer any coverage of the Royal Albert Hall Masters,used to be quite high profile! I did go myself a few times but quite a while ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMES4578 View Post
    Pity no longer any coverage of the Royal Albert Hall Masters,used to be quite high profile! I did go myself a few times but quite a while ago now.
    is it because they are not getting the big name entries that they used to ? No disrespect to Santoro, Ferrero, Safin etc but they don't have same personality as Borg, McEnroe, who were from a different era, when a players personality came out on court.

Quote Originally Posted by suttontennis View Post
    is it because they are not getting the big name entries that they used to ? No disrespect to Santoro, Ferrero, Safin etc but they don't have same personality as Borg, McEnroe, who were from a different era, when a players personality came out on court.
    obviously a factor but many are still interested and McEnroe was still involved till recently, think Bahrami entertains many and still has big following in doubles. Santoro for instance provides enjoyment with flashy play.
    Last edited by JAMES4578; 07-12-2017 at 16:32.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JAMES4578 For This Useful Post:

karanga (07-12-2017), RosieBear (07-12-2017), themass15 (07-12-2017)

I enjoyed Leconte - he did a mickey take of Nadal that was savagely cruel. The depressing thing is that in about 10 years it will turn into the Roger Federer show. I bet it starts to be televised again then.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teresa For This Useful Post:

jeannie13 (07-12-2017), karanga (09-12-2017), Mickey (07-12-2017), themass15 (07-12-2017)