Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Davis Cup 2018 World Group Play-offs Support thread - Speculation, travels, info etc.

Re: Davis Cup 2018 World Group Play-offs Support thread - Speculation, travels, info etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alis View Post
    I do!!
    Luxury.
    We had to make do with the Radio Times.

Re: Davis Cup 2018 World Group Play-offs Support thread - Speculation, travels, info etc.

I remember Izal, as my grandparents (my mum's parents) always used to buy it.

Challenger Circuit

did they charge to use the loos like they did for the final in Ghent. (I can't believe I'm joining in with this !!)

Challenger Circuit

Quote Originally Posted by roytennisfan View Post
    Jerry We had 2 staying in our hotel outside Marbella, they said the Red shirts were sent by mistake, they had old blue ones with them and were very annoyed about the red ones because they were told they all had to wear the same colour so they couldn't wear the blue ones. It was very embarrassing/annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Feel so sorry for the rent-a-fans.
    My heart bleeds for them Hawkeye ... I wonder if they still get free tickets ... they probably do, otherwise, you would think someone, at least one of them would have told the leader where to go re: wearing red shirts when the team colour was so obviously blue!! I'd have been tempted anyway, free tickets or not!! It was ridiculous

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caro For This Useful Post:

jagmad (17-04-2018), jeannie13 (17-04-2018), JerryD (18-04-2018)

Late to the party as always!

I'm on Jan's list we have several PI's booked including right near the Copperbox in London. Just gotta remember to cancel the damn thing if it's not there, especially after the hassle I had trying to book the flipping thing in the first place LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RosieBear View Post
    I'm sure it's possible to get something reasonable even if folk choose to wait, I book early because I like to be in the same hotel as lots of other AMFFers and see each other at brekkie, walk to and from venue together etc. And some city centre PIs do sell out.
    Thatís another advantage of booking early especially when thereís a lovely forumer who lets you borrow her camera charger when you were daft enough to forget yours lol

Quote Originally Posted by roytennisfan View Post
    Jerry We had 2 staying in our hotel outside Marbella, they said the Red shirts were sent by mistake, they had old blue ones with them and were very annoyed about the red ones because they were told they all had to wear the same colour so they couldn't wear the blue ones. It was very embarrassing/annoying
    Itís just what the guy in the bar told me. He said all he knew was they instructed to wear them by peter who wasnít even there, along with other stuff that made me happy I am forumer and not wearenttennis. The guy I spoke to didnít understand why people hadnít taken along old blue ones as he had but then not used. All had to wear the same colour because it looks better on tv regardless of which team you are supporting.

Is that right?
    fellow Scot Cameron Norrie performed heroics in the absence of both the former world No 1 and Kyle Edmund during that defeat by Spain earlier this year.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/tenni...sgow-1-4721840

I like to think Birmingham and Glasgow as the LTA's comfort zones, as they usually choose one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jagmad View Post
    Is that right?
    fellow Scot Cameron Norrie performed heroics in the absence of both the former world No 1 and Kyle Edmund during that defeat by Spain earlier this year.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/tenni...sgow-1-4721840
    Father is scottish, I've put more on his own thread.