Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: Davis Cup 2018 World Group Play-offs Support thread - Speculation, travels, info etc.

Re: DAVIS CUP - GB vs Uzbekistan - tie thread - Sept 14-16th

Ditto

Re: DAVIS CUP - GB vs Uzbekistan - tie thread - Sept 14-16th

The minibus was a bit of luxury. Being whisked along I watched the fans trudging along outside ....

I like the way Sally swaps us around so that we sit near different people each day.

Ditto - thank you to both.
    Andy Murray - more exciting than a carnival weekend in Rio

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosalind For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (Today)

Re: Davis Cup 2018 World Group Play-offs Support thread - Speculation, travels, info etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    That article, like so many others over the years, assumes that the crowd are locals, rather than fans travelling from all over the country Perhaps that is what the ITF believe about DC ties too, and that is why we have not been taken into consideration in the changes.
    Agree. Perhaps someone could send an e-mail.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to supergran For This Useful Post:

lynne (Today)

Re: Davis Cup 2018 World Group Play-offs Support thread - Speculation, travels, info etc.

I would just like to thank everyone for the love you showed me during the weekend. So many hugs and kind words from so many people. The reception I was awarded at the restaurant was truly overwhelming, I couldn't believe it. You really are a wonderful group of people. I didn't want to go and Sunday was difficult but glad I did. To have so many people, not just AMFF, come and find me over the three days was very moving. Thank you all so much. You are very special people. XX

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to supergran For This Useful Post:

ally (Today), clancy (Today), Hawkeye (Today), hfwardhouse (Today), JimmyG (Today), patlowe (Today), Sallydaisy (Today), WimbledonWestie (Today)

I wish it could have gone on, as I felt it ended too quickly. We've now got to think who we want for next year. I read Mike Dickson's article in the Daily Mail and he believed the two wildcards would go to Serbia and Switzerland as Djokovic supported the change and I think Federer might have done as well. Mike claimed the tie could also be held in either Manchester or Brighton, if we got a home one.

Quote Originally Posted by supergran View Post
    I would just like to thank everyone for the love you showed me during the weekend. So many hugs and kind words from so many people. The reception I was awarded at the restaurant was truly overwhelming, I couldn't believe it. You really are a wonderful group of people. I didn't want to go and Sunday was difficult but glad I did. To have so many people, not just AMFF, come and find me over the three days was very moving. Thank you all so much. You are very special people. XX
    Your entrance to the restaurant is one of my favourite memories of the weekend! Glad you were able to appreciate the weekend - and you know we are always here for you x