Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: Davis Cup 2018 World Group Play-offs Support thread - Speculation, travels, info etc.

Re: Davis Cup 2018 World Group Play-offs Support thread - Speculation, travels, info etc.

It was a wonderful weekend. Great fun as Always. Special thanks to Sally, Clare and James. It was great to spend time with everyone, though liz and maud will be sick of the site of Kev and I soon lol. Whatever changes come to the DC I look forward to cheering on the team with my fellow Forumers in the future, even if it has to be in front of a tv rather than live.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JerryD For This Useful Post:

Caro (19-09-2018), exislander (19-09-2018), JAMES4578 (19-09-2018), Maud (19-09-2018), patlowe (19-09-2018)

Re: Davis Cup 2018 World Group Play-offs Support thread - Speculation, travels, info etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzypops View Post
    Big thanks to James for organising the transport - it's much more convenient than joining the taxi queue in the rain! Also big thanks to Sally for organising the tickets - we enjoyed ourselves. We've been to Balloch today for a wizz round Loch Lomond and shore shopping centre - and if the weather holds (and it has so far more or less) we hope to visit the Murray ancestral home town/city (cathedral and post box) tomorrow.
    I must have been following you round in Dunblane yesterday! Both in the Cathedral and the museum, when I said I'd come up for the tennis they said someone else had been too, shortly before me! They haven't yet updated the display in the museum with Jamie's latest Grand Slam victory!

Got home at 4.40am this morning after a four-hour delay in the flight back to Bristol last night. However I should get compensation....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jaysee For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (19-09-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by jaysee View Post
    I must have been following you round in Dunblane yesterday! Both in the Cathedral and the museum, when I said I'd come up for the tennis they said someone else had been too, shortly before me! They haven't yet updated the display in the museum with Jamie's latest Grand Slam victory!

Got home at 4.40am this morning after a four-hour delay in the flight back to Bristol last night. However I should get compensation....
    Yes that was probably us - very friendly lot in the museum - we headed back to Stirling to have a look round there afterwards. We're now spending an extra day in our Glasgow hotel as the train line is down (hopefully we can get something out of the rail company for that).

(As it happens I recently had a three hour delay from Belfast City to London City. It was engine trouble so clearly their fault - so we got the full 2x250 euro compensation from the company under the EU directive - it was only a shame we didn't keep our receipt for two coffees and a muffin 'cause I would have been able to claim that as well!)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dizzypops For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (19-09-2018), jaysee (19-09-2018)

I got compensation from aer Lingus last year after a 5hour delay to cork. Took a bit of pestering mind you but got there in the end.