Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Davis Cup 2018 World Group Play-offs Support thread - Speculation, travels, info etc.

Wild Card

Re: Davis Cup 2018 World Group Play-offs Support thread - Speculation, travels, info etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lovetennis View Post
    Virgin Trains have released their cheap Advance tickets for 13th Sept. Just booked my outward journey Preston to Glasgow for 11 - what a bargain. Expecting the return dates to be available over the next few days
    Got message train times are changing so discounted fares will not be available until 6 weeks before date

Re: Davis Cup 2018 World Group Play-offs Support thread - Speculation, travels, info etc.

Booked travel

12 hours by coach each way - 2 coaches each way - I must be bloody nuts :D - still upside is less than 40 to get up to Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by roytennisfan View Post
    Got message train times are changing so discounted fares will not be available until 6 weeks before date
    I booked my return ticket last night Roy. They were advance tickets on Virgin - paid 11 outward and 9 for return. That was from Preston so the same train that you would get on at Warrington. I know they've only been releasing Virgin tickets from Liverpool 6 weeks before while the Lime St upgrade is going on but not heard west coast mainline was affected

Helen has got her ticket for DC. However a friend got one for her too, so she has one spare if anyone is interested.

Wild Card

Quote Originally Posted by lovetennis View Post
    I booked my return ticket last night Roy. They were advance tickets on Virgin - paid 11 outward and 9 for return. That was from Preston so the same train that you would get on at Warrington. I know they've only been releasing Virgin tickets from Liverpool 6 weeks before while the Lime St upgrade is going on but not heard west coast mainline was affected
    You got a return!no cheap returns available on Sunday for me, all full price. Cheap tickets on thursday or Fri morning going out, does it start at 11 on Friday? On the sunday one, it flashed up the message and invited me to submit my email so they will tell me when discounts become available

Quote Originally Posted by roytennisfan View Post
    You got a return!no cheap returns available on Sunday for me, all full price. Cheap tickets on thursday or Fri morning going out, does it start at 11 on Friday? On the sunday one, it flashed up the message and invited me to submit my email so they will tell me when discounts become available
    Sounds like maybe they have engineering works scheduled on the Sunday, possibly? I booked to go on Thurs and return on Monday so must have avoided the problem. Says on the LTA site that start times will be confirmed shortly, but 11am sounds like a good bet for the Friday with 2 best of 5 sets matches to get through

Re: DAVIS CUP - GB vs Uzbekistan - tie thread - Sept 14-16th

In January/February of last year, my dad got diagnosed as having short term memory loss. He's now got early dementia and was recently diagnosed as having diabetes as well. So, I do look forward to seeing you all, as all my other breaks are usually by myself.
    Last edited by Stell; 12-07-2018 at 10:52.

Re: DAVIS CUP - GB vs Uzbekistan - tie thread - Sept 14-16th

Sorry to hear about your dad, Stell. Also looking forward to seeing everyone in Glasgow. (Possibly these 2 posts should be moved to the other thread?)

I've sent you a PM, Sallydaisy.

Futures Flyer

Linda - Is the spare ticket still available and what day is it for? x