Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charity Evening in aid of the PSP Association in memory of Alan Stewart-Jones

Charity Evening in aid of the PSP Association in memory of Alan Stewart-Jones

Last year on my birthday unable to celebrate in the usual way I invited girl friends to my home for a gathering to raise money for the PSPA. Everyone was very generous and we raised quite a lot of money. These contributions were also increased by donations to my Just Giving page which many of you supported.............This year am being a more adventurous. I am hosting a Charity Evening on Friday 22nd June in memory of Alan at West Park Rugby Club, St Helens. Now I realise this during the grass season and some of you will be at Queen's and already know that a few of you will be at concerts but would like to extend an invitation to everyone. If you fancy an overnight stay in St Helens there are quite a few hotels to choose from. The Eccleston Arms not far from the venue, Park View Hotel and Guest House also near the club, The St Helens Hotel, The Griffin Inn and two Premier Inns in the area. For those of you not going to Queen's it could be a little reunion of AMFFers. .....................The evening will include a quiz, teams of 4-6, Stand-Up or Silent Bingo and the Raffle. Tickets are 5 on the door which include refreshments. Entry to quiz 1 per person, Silent Bingo at 2 and Raffle tickets 5. I already have the promise of raffle prizes including alcohol, a St Helens Rugby League jersey, a Lancashire Rugby Union shirt, gift baskets etc. I would really love to see some of you there if you think you can spare the time to support this good cause. It's just one of the things I can do now in memory of Alan and supporting this little-known charity for this very cruel condition is close to my heart. Please think about it. Thanks.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to supergran For This Useful Post:

anor (02-05-2018), cazza99 (02-05-2018), goldfish (02-05-2018), JAMES4578 (02-05-2018), Juicy (01-05-2018), patlowe (02-05-2018), WimbledonWestie (02-05-2018)

Challenger Circuit

Re: Charity Evening in aid of the PSP Association in memory of Alan Stewart-Jones

Is your Justgiving page still open SG? If so, perhaps you could repost it here so that those of us who can't make your event can still support you. Good Luck - hope you raise lots of money.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to goldfish For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (02-05-2018), jeannie13 (02-05-2018), patlowe (02-05-2018), supergran (03-05-2018)

Re: Charity Evening in aid of the PSP Association in memory of Alan Stewart-Jones

Wishing you all th very best with th event. I am one of those heading to Queens. 2 long standing colleagues who retire at the end of this term are having their retirement 'do' that evening as well ( they have only just arranged it, am sorry to be missing it). It seems I shall be raising a lot of glasses between Glasgow airport and the pubs of Earls Coyrt,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WimbledonWestie For This Useful Post:

supergran (03-05-2018)

Sorry, I can't post from other sites. Tried to edit my Just Giving page but not able to. Facebook has a button under poster where you can donate. Hoping Tim set up new Just Giving page tomorrow. If you wish to enter the Raffle, and Judy is going to help, tickets are 1 a strip. Just get in touch. Thanks for replies everyone.
    Last edited by supergran; 29-05-2018 at 09:51.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to supergran For This Useful Post:

goldfish (03-05-2018)

The Just Giving Page has been updated. If anyone wishes to be included in the Raffle just let me know. Haven't got the tickets yet. Will provide info later.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to supergran For This Useful Post:

anor (05-05-2018)

Raffle tickets now on sale. Prizes include signed copies of pseudofed's book, Judy's book plus signed ball and sweat bands (style Murray), pamper basket, a Joules scarf, a voucher for two tickets for any Lancs cricket match at Old Trafford, Cotton Traders shirt signed by Fran Cotton and Steve Smith, M & S vouchers, two 50 vouchers for a meal at any Chef and Brewer pub (Greene King Brewery), a copy of Andy's Seventy Seven and many more. Tickets are 1 per strip and they will be drawn on the 22nd June at the Charity Event. Private message me for details of how to pay. Thanks in advance for your support and remember.....you have to be in it to win it! Originally I posted 5 a strip. Have edited that post to 1 per strip as mentioned here.
    Last edited by supergran; 29-05-2018 at 09:52.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supergran For This Useful Post:

anor (29-05-2018), goldfish (29-05-2018)

Raffle tickets anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by supergran View Post
    Raffle tickets anyone?
    How do you buy them? Am I being dense?

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    How do you buy them? Am I being dense?
    No. Just pm me with details of how many you would like to buy. See previous post. Cheques to The PSP Association and sent to my address.

Quote Originally Posted by supergran View Post
    No. Just pm me with details of how many you would like to buy. See previous post. Cheques to The PSP Association and sent to my address.
    Is there no way of doing it electronically - I don’t use cheques these days. It would upset my microchips......!!!