Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: Golf thread

Re: Golf thread

Congratulations to Francesco Molinari on adding another honour to his list of accolades this season as he was crowned Race to Dubai champion for the first time in his career.

Last season's champion Tommy Fleetwood was the only player in the field at the season-ending DP World Tour Championship who could deny the Italian, but the Englishman's bid for the victory he needed came up short.

Francesco Molinari is my choice for the overseas sports personality of the year. I hope he gets recognised for all the great golf he has played this year. He has a great personality - not only a great golfer but an unassuming humble champion.

Well done Tommy as well. No-one will ever forget the part he played with Francesco in bringing back the Ryder Cup to Europe.

https://www.skysports.com/golf/news/...-european-no-1

2. The Following User Says Thank You to karanga For This Useful Post:

themass15 (20-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by karanga View Post
    Congratulations to Francesco Molinari on adding another honour to his list of accolades this season as he was crowned Race to Dubai champion for the first time in his career.

Last season's champion Tommy Fleetwood was the only player in the field at the season-ending DP World Tour Championship who could deny the Italian, but the Englishman's bid for the victory he needed came up short.

Francesco Molinari is my choice for the overseas sports personality of the year. I hope he gets recognised for all the great golf he has played this year. He has a great personality - not only a great golfer but an unassuming humble champion.

Well done Tommy as well. No-one will ever forget the part he played with Francesco in bringing back the Ryder Cup to Europe.

https://www.skysports.com/golf/news/...-european-no-1
    He would be a very deserving winner of the overseas personality. What a competition the Ryder Cup was

4. The Following User Says Thank You to themass15 For This Useful Post:

karanga (21-11-2018)

If we were making a list of 100 potential newsmakers at the start of the year, Francesco Molinari may not have made the cut. Heck, the same straw poll taken in early May would have turned up nary an Italian mention.

But after laying waste to the competition on both sides of the Atlantic for a summer and capping it with a Ryder Cup to remember, Molinari comes in at No. 10 on our list of the biggest newsmakers of 2018.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/new...cesco-molinari

GolfChannel.comís No. 7 newsmaker is all about the depth exhibited in both the menís and womenís games this year.

In fact, it may be historic.

We saw that in all the battles waged for the No. 1 world ranking this year, in the musical chair nature of that struggle.

The top ranking exchanged hands nine times in the menís game. Thatís more times than any year in the history of the Official World Golf Ranking, since it was initiated in 1986.

The ranking changed hands seven times over the last three months, with the possibility for continuing change in the immediate future as just .01 average world-ranking points separate No. 1 Brooks Koepka from No. 2 Justin Rose (as of the publishing of this story).

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/new...-7-battle-no-1

Great start to 2019 by World number one Justin Rose who held off the challenge of Adam Scott to win the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines by two shots from the Australian

The Englishman had three bogeys in his opening five holes but played the last 12 in five under to card a three-under 69 and win on 21 under.

Scott birdied the last four holes to shoot a 68 and finish second.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/47022406

7. The Following User Says Thank You to karanga For This Useful Post:

patlowe (28-01-2019)

Scotland's David Law eagled the 18th as he overcame a three-shot deficit in the final three holes to win the ISPS Handa Vic Open - a first European Tour title.

Law birdied the 16th and sank an eight-foot putt on the par-five last to card a six-under 66 and win on 18 under.

Well done David.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/201...in-eagle-18th/

Challenger Circuit

Had an exciting couple of days watching the practice rounds at the Players Championship at Ponte Vedra, Jacksonville, Florida. My first time at a big golf tournament and thoroughly enjoyed it. Saw a lot of the top golfers, including Tommy Fleetwood who I like and is doing quite well so far, and Ian Poulter who was mums favourite, so got his autograph.
    The course is beautiful and obviously made with fans in mind. Very easy to walk and see the golf.
    2011 Bubble Gap Champion

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genbrit For This Useful Post:

karanga (17-03-2019), patlowe (18-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Genbrit View Post
    Had an exciting couple of days watching the practice rounds at the Players Championship at Ponte Vedra, Jacksonville, Florida. My first time at a big golf tournament and thoroughly enjoyed it. Saw a lot of the top golfers, including Tommy Fleetwood who I like and is doing quite well so far, and Ian Poulter who was mums favourite, so got his autograph.
    The course is beautiful and obviously made with fans in mind. Very easy to walk and see the golf.
    Glad you enjoyed your experience at TPC Sawgrass. And I'm even more happy with the result! Well done Rory! So pleased he is on the winner's rostrum again. Preparations are well underway here for The Open in July. The course is looking magnificent, as always, and Portrush is having a bit of a makeover. Would be so nice if Rory could win here! But first it's the Masters! Go get it Rory!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlowe For This Useful Post:

Genbrit (18-03-2019), Mickey (18-03-2019)

Challenger Circuit

I didn't want Rory but that's ok, still a Brit.

That is great Pat. I looked at that, as will be in UK in the summer but it's the same weekend that my son is getting married, so don't think that will work.
    2011 Bubble Gap Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Genbrit View Post
    I didn't want Rory but that's ok, still a Brit.

That is great Pat. I looked at that, as will be in UK in the summer but it's the same weekend that my son is getting married, so don't think that will work.
    That's a shame. We could have met up for a cuppa and a (tennis) chat. That would have been nice.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to patlowe For This Useful Post:

Genbrit (19-03-2019)

Futures Flyer

Looking forward to the Open, Ill be there.

Im not his biggest fan , wanted Rory to win. But what a win for Tiger !!