Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf thread

ATP Ace!

Re: Golf thread

Fantastic - absolutely delighted that Sergio won. I would have been happy if Justin had won too but it's great to see Sergio winning a Major at last.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alis For This Useful Post:

AllyB (10-04-2017), Genbrit (11-04-2017), Jane (11-04-2017), patlowe (10-04-2017)

Totally concur with that Alis!!

Challenger Circuit

Agree Alis. Very happy for Sergio.
    2011 Bubble Gap Champion

Well done Tommy Fleetwood finishing 4th in the US Open with a level-par 72 to cap a career best performance.

Tommy said he was looking forward for The Open at Royal Birkdale next month. “It’s going to be brilliant playing for the home crowd. Not many people get the chance to play a major or even a tournament where they’ve grown up, so it’s special for me."

Congratulations to Brooks Koepka on claiming his first major tournament success at Erin Hills.

The American's triumph made it the seventh consecutive major that has crowned a first-time winner.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to karanga For This Useful Post:

Alis (19-06-2017)

ATP Ace!

Quote Originally Posted by karanga View Post

The American's triumph made it the seventh consecutive major that has crowned a first-time winner.
    Amazing - could you see that happening in tennis?

No golf is really interesting for that reason - an unheralded player can play well for 4 days and end up with a major trophy.

Great excitement here in Portstewart Golf Club, where I am a member and play my golf. The Irish Open starts tomorrow. The pro-am is today, but I am unashamedly staying put in front of my green TV screen all day! Wouldn't miss the tennis for anything today! The golf is on Sky and RTE, worth watching for the scenery alone! I may pay a little visit tomorrow, but tennis always comes first. If you don't want to read the whole of the link below, scroll down to listen to Justin Rose's interview!

http://bbc.in/2tm46Xy

I took this picture of the view from the first tee last Wednesday. The stands are just off to the left of the picture.

20170628_152218.jpg

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patlowe For This Useful Post:

banskogirl (06-07-2017), Genbrit (06-07-2017), Hawkeye (05-07-2017), karanga (05-07-2017)

Johanna's match was well worth staying at home for. To pot with the pro-am!! Will definitely be staying home on Friday so it's Irish Open tomorrow followed by "Alliss through the looking glass" tomorrow evening. Peter Alliss will be spending an evening with us members!

Hope you have a great time at the Irish Open, Pat; it looks a great entry list. Hope the weather stays fine.

https://www.europeantour.com/en/euro...ndation/#entry

The Irish Open this weekend to be followed by the Scottish Open next weekend at the Dundonald Links, Troon

https://www.europeantour.com/en/euro...sh-open/#entry

Shame they both clash with Wimbledon.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to karanga For This Useful Post:

patlowe (05-07-2017)

Have done my duty and went to the golf today. Jaw dropping to see how far some of them drive the ball! (Just going by how far I usually get which clearly isn't very far!) Had a fun evening with Peter Alliss. Not going back till Sunday because there will be no tennis to miss on Sunday!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to patlowe For This Useful Post:

karanga (06-07-2017)