Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 146 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1492

Thread: Football Thread

Re: Football Thread

Nah. For 3 years now, we've had so many matches that we should have been motivated for and let big travelling supports down. Don't feel that this will be any different.

In fact, if it turns out to be on the Sunday due to television, then I'd need to move things around to go, and right now I doubt I would.

Another rotten Edinburgh derby today, summed up by the rotten goal, but I'd have to say that the better team won.
    Hawkeye always has the last word.

Challenger Circuit

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Nah. For 3 years now, we've had so many matches that we should have been motivated for and let big travelling supports down. Don't feel that this will be any different.

In fact, if it turns out to be on the Sunday due to television, then I'd need to move things around to go, and right now I doubt I would.

Another rotten Edinburgh derby today, summed up by the rotten goal, but I'd have to say that the better team won.
    Fair assessment of the Edinburgh derby. Lot of scrappy challenges unpunished on both sides.

Mitchell looks like he'll do a job for us. Naismith maybe half a yard short of pace - depends if it's down to match fitness or age lol.

Et voilą, a Sunday tie, on Sky, and a 4.30 kick off to boot. I realise it's not far to go, and even less so for me, but that's ridiculous.

Challenger Circuit

Andy Robertson back in tangerine this afternoon. He's in brilliant form lately.

It's just been announced Sky and BT have paid £4.464bn for premier league matches from 2019 until 2022, which is more than they paid for it last time. Sky have four packages and will show 128 live games, while BT got one package and will show 32 live games.

Challenger Circuit

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Hibs won the cup
    But Skacel won two!

The federal government of Canada have pledged $5m to Canada's bid for the 2026 FIFA men's world cup. Canada, Mexico and the USA have joined together against the bid for Morocco. Edmonton, Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal could be the cities chosen to host the matches if they win.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyB View Post
    Andy Robertson back in tangerine this afternoon. He's in brilliant form lately.
    I think the hack deleted the post where I asserted that he was going to be a huge star. Glad to have been right about something football related for a change!

Challenger Circuit

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I think the hack deleted the post where I asserted that he was going to be a huge star. Glad to have been right about something football related for a change!
    He's playing even better now than he was when I originally posted. Great to see. Sad irony that having waited for years for any young Scottish players that have the potential to be world class, we have two left backs in Robertson and Tierney.

They are both versatile enough that they can be (and have to be) shoe-horned into the same Scotland team at least.