Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WIMBLEDON 2018 - Women's

ATP Ace!

Re: WIMBLEDON 2018 - Women's

Did I hear that Petra Kvitova went out too? She was Sam Smith's pick for the title!

Quote Originally Posted by Alis View Post
    Did I hear that Petra Kvitova went out too?
    Yes mentioned in earlier on thread , suffering bagel in 3rd too. Report mentioned she wasn't feeling though http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2018/...t-round/74995/

ATP Ace!

That's a shame. Meanwhile, in the Sharapova match, both women are shrieking for all they are worth - it's an absolute nightmare. Thank God for the mute button!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alis For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (03-07-2018)

ATP Ace!

......................... and Sharapova goes out on a double fault to a Russian qualifier - well done Natalia Diatchenk!
    Last edited by Alis; 03-07-2018 at 20:10.

Another surprise-didn't see much of it but looks like great performance from Natalia. Sharapova at one point was up a set and 5-2.

Well on one hand I feel badly for Kvitová, on the other I don't feel badly for Shriekapova.
    Andy. Rafa. Milos. What's not to like?

I was on Ct 2 yesterday so saw the Konta match and the Sharapova match. The latter was very loud - from both players but Sharapova started it. Convinced her opponents often think "if you're gonna screech, so am I".
    Witnessed an interesting scene. At start of 3rd set we moved seats as plenty of spare by then so we moved forward. There was a guy at the other end of the row who seemed to be part of Sharapova's team- wearing accreditation and started saying loudly stuff like "keep it low", "stay back". He called her Baby and something like "Mash" or "Masha" which I took to be a pet version of Maria. Shortly after he moved a few rows further forward. By this time he had been spotted by several in the crowd and one guy told the stewards. I was sat on the end of the aisle so saw what happened next. The stewards asked several of us to point out the man and then they watched him. When he next called out to her a steward went to him. Too far from me to hear but the guy made a "what me? I'm not doing anything " expression then shrugged and left. This was at the south end of the court under the commentary box. Few minutes later we spot the man reappear in the players guest seating. Stewards were stood by me discussing and watching. It was clear from their conversation that a message had been given to the umpire to be aware of suspected coaching. A few minutes later I noticed the guy had gone from the players box and didn't see him again. May have gonecompletely or moved somewhere I didn't notice. Anyone watching on TV or not sat in the section I was in would not have known what happened but stewards took it really seriously and had no hesitation in responding to concerns of the crowd that coaching was going on.
    Last edited by lovetennis; 04-07-2018 at 08:24.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lovetennis For This Useful Post:

Alis (06-07-2018), anor (04-07-2018), banskogirl (10-07-2018), cazza99 (04-07-2018), clancy (04-07-2018), exislander (04-07-2018), JAMES4578 (04-07-2018), Jan (05-07-2018), patlowe (08-07-2018)

Makarova and Wozniacki are being hampered by some sort of flying insects. I remember, when I was a child, my grandparents (my mum's parents) had an apple tree at the bottom of their garden. Whenever it had been a hot and sunny day, the same flying insects would appear near the tree in the early evening. So, nobody went out into the garden at that time.

Another upset as 2nd seed Wozniacki went out to Makarova 7-5 in 3rd,though the one slam where Caroline never past last 16 and Ekaterina had some good wins on grass. Mind you looked like she might throw it away as was up 5-1 but finally won it on 6th match point.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMES4578 For This Useful Post:

anor (04-07-2018)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cazza99 For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (05-07-2018)