https://www.nextgenatpfinals.com/

Re: ATP NEXT GEN FINALS 6-10 Nov 2018

Draw for Next Gen finals

https://www.atpworldtour.com/en/scor...chtype=singles

Coverage on Sky from Tuesday.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cazza99 For This Useful Post:

karanga (05-11-2018)

I've been watching and really enjoying the Next Gens. The tennis has been great, and if it works out, would love to see Tsitsipas and De Minaur in the final. I think the future looks very bright if this is what we have to look forward to when Andy et al finally retire (shudder). But it gives me hope that tennis will still continue to give us great entertainment in the years ahead. I'm also paying close attention to the 'new rules'. I like the 'towel in the box' rather than the ball kids having to run with it to the players every time. Most of the changes I can tolerate, and think they could work on the main tour, BUT NOT the scoring system. Its a total desecration of the system and IMO undermines the very essence of what makes the game of tennis so special. If the match only goes to 3 sets, it could be done in an hour or less. Imagine if you were paying to watch this, it could all be over before you've settled into your seat! Some say it brings extra excitement, I'm not so sure. I suppose it's something different, but different isn't always better. I think it's comparable to downgrading the game. Anyways, still enjoying the tennis in Milan.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patlowe For This Useful Post:

exislander (08-11-2018), jackie55 (09-11-2018), karanga (08-11-2018), RoastLamb (08-11-2018)

I am glad I am not the only one watching this week Pat, and I agree with most of what you say. I do like the shot clock although it has caught out a couple of players at the start of their matches maybe due to the 4 minute warm up. I am unsure about the scoring system as yet. It does lead to shorter matches - easier to watch if you can't set aside 3-4 hours at a time - and it does result in more sustained tension during a match but yes, if you were there you might feel short-changed with a very quick match. This group of young players are going to be interesting to follow in the next few years. The young Italian who came through qualifying played some brilliant shots which reminded me of a young Andy.
    The interactions between coach and player are interesting to listen to. I also like the choice of 3 streams Tennis TV gives us for each of the live matches and I think Colin Fleming is a very insightful commentator.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exislander For This Useful Post:

karanga (09-11-2018), patlowe (08-11-2018)

Spot on Winnie. Totally agree.

Wild Card

Ive been watching alot of it too , and am really enjoying it !!

Love the format , the games are so fast moving , they really have to come out ready to go .

Love being able to hear them talking to their coaches between sets , lots of insight there . Lots of young talent being shown !

Interesting to read Stefanos' views on the innovations brought in for the nextgen ATP finals.

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tenni...-finals-rules/

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karanga For This Useful Post:

cazza99 (09-11-2018), patlowe (09-11-2018)

What a great match between Munar and de Minaur. Very entertaining. So first finalist is Alex.

Two great semis tonight. So it's Alex and Stefanos in the final. Now I have a quandary....who do I support cos I want them both to win!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to patlowe For This Useful Post:

themass15 (10-11-2018)

Two cracking semis tonight and I am looking forward to the final tomorrow!