Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATP NEXT GEN FINALS 6-10 Nov 2018

Re: ATP NEXT GEN FINALS 6-10 Nov 2018

I enjoyed the two semifinals tonight especially the match between De Minaur and Munar. Thought the standard of tennis was very high.

Hope De Minaur wins the final.

Congrats Tsitsipas! The 2018 Next Gen champ. I think there was always going to be the one winner, though the rest of the field made him work for it. Close final tonight, one or two forehands went astray for Alex in the TBs which made the difference. When I was watching them tonight, the question I kept asking myself was am I watching the future next big rivalry? The future 'big 2'? We'll see.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlowe For This Useful Post:

exislander (10-11-2018), JAMES4578 (11-11-2018)

Another good match to watch. Alex had chances but Stefanos stronger tonight. This could well be the next big rivalry!

Challenger Circuit

Late to this thread ... just slightly!

I also watched and enjoyed this tournament. I have been following Stef Tsitsipas for a while now. Made a point of seeking him out when I was at Wimby too. I think he is the real deal, something very special about him IMO ... we will see but he is going great guns at the mo.

I have to say I do quite like the scoring system. I rarely have the time to watch whole matches when they are long (apart from Wimby which I am usually off work for), and I quite like the intensity of the shorter sets. Would I want all tournaments to be like this though? ... not so sure about that.