Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wimbledon Court 1 Roof Celebration - Sunday 19th May 2019 2.00 pm

Re: Wimbledon Court 1 Roof Celebration - Sunday 19th May 2019 2.00 pm

I was there as well, did not apply originally but got one of the returns (actually before Jamie announced participation) and thought it was great entertainment. Thought Andy might have made appearance (though knew he would not be playing) but never mind. It was Kim Clijsters who was the late addition. (announced she only got call the day before). Quite expensive obviously for 3 sets of tennis ( though Joseph Calleja was also great), but money going to charity and it’s a while since I’ve been to Wimbledon. Won’t be at the Championships this year either.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JAMES4578 For This Useful Post:

JerryD (Yesterday), lynne (Yesterday), patlowe (Yesterday), RoastLamb (Yesterday), Silverdee (Yesterday)

ATP Ace!

I really enjoyed the coverage - a fun afternoon. There seemed to be a great atmosphere. Well done to Kim if she turned up with only 24 hours notice!

I was happy I could watch it in Canada on their website. Kudos to them. Really enjoyed it even tho' I was looking at it on my ipad with one eye and the Rome Rafa match with the other. Kim C. is my all-time fave female player so I loved watching her. She did very well in the mixed match. The only thing that bothered me a wee bit is the female singer obviously isn't a tennis fan and I wish they could have picked someone who was.
    Andy. Rafa. Milos. What's not to like?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RoastLamb For This Useful Post:

clancy (Today), JAMES4578 (Yesterday), lynne (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by JAMES4578 View Post
    I was there as well, did not apply originally but got one of the returns (actually before Jamie announced participation) and thought it was great entertainment. Thought Andy might have made appearance (though knew he would not be playing) but never mind. It was Kim Clijsters who was the late addition. (announced she only got call the day before). Quite expensive obviously for 3 sets of tennis ( though Joseph Calleja was also great), but money going to charity and it’s a while since I’ve been to Wimbledon. Won’t be at the Championships this year either.
    So glad you could go James. I'm sure it was well worth it. I certainly enjoyed watching it on TV. Anything to do with Wimbledon has that certain allure about it...it has the power to pull...certainly me anyway!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlowe For This Useful Post:

clancy (Today), lynne (Yesterday)