Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ATP World Tour Finals 10-17 November 2019

ATP Ace!

Re: ATP World Tour Finals 10-17 November 2019

Quote Originally Posted by cazza99 View Post
    I like the combo of Tim Henman and Mark Petchey commentating on Amazon Prime.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalind View Post
    yesterday when I was there, there were quite a lot of Greek fans. At one point quite a chant went up for him in Greek - it was like a mini Greek football match (I imagine - have never actually been!). So I know the TV presenters kept going on about it all being for Roger but I wasn't convinced about that. There certainly were a lot of noisy Roger ones, hence my point with similar thoughts to your own but they just tend to drown everyone else out anyway. I imagine some neutrals must have been swayed to cheering for Stefanos.
    I was there today. Lots of Fed fans chanting DC style ( I really feel that sort of behaviour for one player is only acceptable in their home country as then it's understandable to support your players ). However they left right after match leaving loads of folk to give Stefanie his due at the oncourt interview . Was a fabulous match - and loved seeing the Fed luvvies so discomfited. Really enjoyed Thiem as well. Been wanting to see them both for ages so was great that not only did I seee them but they won.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WimbledonWestie For This Useful Post:

Alis (17-11-2019), anor (17-11-2019), cazza99 (18-11-2019), jackie55 (17-11-2019), jeannie13 (17-11-2019), Rosalind (17-11-2019), themass15 (17-11-2019)

Bouncey has been on BBC.
    Andy Murray - more exciting than a carnival weekend in Rio

Quote Originally Posted by WimbledonWestie View Post
    I was there today. Lots of Fed fans chanting DC style ( I really feel that sort of behaviour for one player is only acceptable in their home country as then it's understandable to support your players ). However they left right after match leaving loads of folk to give Stefanie his due at the oncourt interview . Was a fabulous match - and loved seeing the Fed luvvies so discomfited. Really enjoyed Thiem as well. Been wanting to see them both for ages so was great that not only did I seee them but they won.
    Jackie and I were there in the afternoon and going to the final later which I am really looking forward to.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to themass15 For This Useful Post:

Rosalind (17-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalind View Post
    I am so pleased. The Fed fans are obnoxious. I was there yesterday and the Nadal fans were absolutely fine with Stefanos - no cheering mistakes or failed serves. Fed fans are revolting and really quite weird. They should leave the O2 now and not return.
    Stefanos is rather fab!
    Great match to be at. Stefanos is like a young Bjorn Bjorg!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to themass15 For This Useful Post:

Alis (17-11-2019), jackie55 (17-11-2019), Rosalind (17-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Alis View Post
    I am so impressed with Stefanos - not just because of his tennis, which has been outstanding - but because of how he held it together and saved all those break points with virtually the whole of that baying crowd against him. They really are something else, aren't they? Not Fed's fault, of course - he's not responsible for his fans. Stef's smile is infectious and I think he's probably earned himself a few fans this week. Great stuff - I'm really looking forward to the final no matter who is on the other side of the net.
    I think Stef is going to become a huge star in tennis.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to themass15 For This Useful Post:

Alis (17-11-2019), jackie55 (17-11-2019), Rosalind (17-11-2019)

I’m guessing there will be quite a few gaps in the crowd after yesterday unless the Federer fans have managed to shift their tickets.
    Hawkeye always has the last word

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye For This Useful Post:

banskogirl (17-11-2019)

ATP Ace!

Quote Originally Posted by themass15 View Post
    Great match to be at. Stefanos is like a young Bjorn Bjorg!
    I've thought that since Steph first came on the scene - his whole package reminds me of Bjorn. I wonder when we see the real young Borg on the tour. I believe he's playing Juniors, isn't he?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alis For This Useful Post:

Rosalind (17-11-2019)

In sadness that I might never see Andy play again

The Singles Final will be shown on BBC2 at 6pm today (and on Prime Video).
    Thiem[5] v Tsitsipas[6]
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000bhgs

The Doubles Final starts at 3.30pm, not on the BBC but scheduled for Prime Video.
    Herbert/Mahut[7] v Klaasen/Venus[5]
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

jeannie13 (17-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Iím guessing there will be quite a few gaps in the crowd after yesterday unless the Federer fans have managed to shift their tickets.
    Hope you're wrong because they both completely deserve their places in the final

18. The Following User Says Thank You to themass15 For This Useful Post:

Rosalind (17-11-2019)