Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Pets thread

Re: What has made you happy or sad?

Quote Originally Posted by supergran View Post
    Perhaps we need a thread devoted to dogs and their behaviour. Would make very amusing reading. Cats could be included also. Pictures of animals watching tennis on TV. Ok pet owners, over to you. I'd enjoy reading such a thread although do not have any pets now.
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

clancy (18-11-2017), supergran (18-11-2017)

Re: Pets thread

I'd even posted on here. Had completely forgotten about the thread must admit. I do have a weird tale to tell though. On the 15th September when supergramps was very poorly something strange happened. One of our neighbours has a grey cat, had it years and for all the years it won't come near me. I'll talk to it when it visits our garden but it just runs away. If it's at the front it completely ignores me and won't come near me. Around 10 0o'clock on Friday 15th was seeing Anna out to her car. The grey cat walked up the drive into the house. I was not only surprised but shocked. We both came back in as it was at the top of the stairs. I went up and found it in our bedroom. Gently I shooed it out and then it went down the stairs and into the room where Alan was where it went and lay under his bed. It took a while for me to quietly encourage it to leave. Eventually it came out, walked into the hall and out of the front door. Very strange.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to supergran For This Useful Post:

Alis (30-11-2017), clancy (18-11-2017), Linda (18-11-2017), lynne (18-11-2017), pabbers (22-11-2017), Rosalind (18-11-2017), RosieBear (30-11-2017)

This is so heartwarming...

'Woman who stayed with her violent partner for the sake of her beloved dog breaks down as she comes face-to-face with the stranger who took him in so she could finally leave'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-care-dog.html

Did anyone else see the interview? It was so moving - Frank is an utter legend, helping them both start a new, happy life together. I would love to do fostering for the Freedom Project but my own dogs wouldn't be the most welcoming hosts :-/

.....it might suit someone who likes dogs, but doesn't neccesarily want the full time commitment of having their own. (maybe of interest, Mo? x)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RosieBear For This Useful Post:

Alis (30-11-2017), Linda (30-11-2017), supergran (02-12-2017)

ATP Ace!

It's quite astonishing how intuitive animals are. Your story is strange, SG, but it doesn't really surprise me. I'm sure your neighbour's cat was saying goodbye to Alan.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alis For This Useful Post:

RosieBear (30-11-2017)

Challenger Circuit

At the beginning of WWI my Mum's father had his wooden hulled fishing boat and crew requisitioned by the Ministry of War for mine sweeping duties. One evening their dog Flossie went down to the beach, entered the sea and was never seen again. A few days later the family got word that their Dad was posted missing, believed drowned, the presumption being that the boat had hit a mine.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anor For This Useful Post:

RosieBear (30-11-2017), supergran (02-12-2017)

ATP Ace!

Wow - that really is spooky, anor.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alis For This Useful Post:

anor (30-11-2017), RosieBear (30-11-2017)

And sad

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RosieBear For This Useful Post:

anor (30-11-2017), supergran (02-12-2017)