Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Olympics - London 2012 - Tickets (who's going in 1st post)

Re: Olympics - London 2012 - Tickets (who's going in 1st post)

That's good news - they certainly weren't doing that on Saturday - or at least, if they were, they hadn't advertised the fact, as there was no-one queuing in the resale area...

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    Gill and I are going tomorrow. We've got no 1 court but obviously want to see Andy (please let him win today). We were planning to sit on the hill assuming there's a big screen?!
    You've struck lucky Caro! There's a great line-up on there tomorrow and you'll see Andy twice!
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

75, 000 more tickets for Olympic events available.
    Daily Telegraph
    Locog, the company running the Games, said that the final conversion of the stadium after last week’s opening ceremony had opened up several spaces in which seats can now be placed. The 75,000 extra tickets do not include football games, for which around 200,000 seats are still unsold.

Up to 1,600 coveted Olympic athletics tickets are to be released at the last minute.

Paul Deighton, Locog’s chief executive, said that a significant number of the new tickets will be for the Olympic athletics, which starts on Saturday.

Mr Deighton said: “You can expect to see quite a few athletics tickets shortly because e we converted the stadium from the green and pleasant land that we had on Friday night into an athletic stadium.

Challenger Circuit

Just a bit of information about the ticket resales

Today they had a bunch of return tickets at the resale desk (same place as usual at the top of Henman hill near court 18) first thing in the morning. If you are early enough, maybe 10 a.m or earlier and you head straight to the resale queue you may be lucky with one of those tickets. If not it may be a matter of waiting for court 1 or centre court tickets. While I was waiting some court 1 tickets did come back but I was holding out for centre. The usual time some may be returned is about 2 apparently. There possibly aren't as many returns as at the usual Wimbledon championships purely got the fact that people may not know that there is a resale policy and they can get their tickets scanned

Just to let you know that te resale policy is only available to those who have ground passes! If you have centre or court 1 they encourage you to try and find someone to swap with. Once in a blue moon they may help you with it. I guess they do it this way to try and ensure as many people as possible can access show courts

I was lucky enough to be first in the queue and got a centre court ticket after about an hour. It was for row ZC tickets but I was there for Novak and Andy match. And for Andy's match I spotted a few seats in row S so moved down

Was lucky that though it didn't usually happen Andy came down the media centre to sign for fans below. Apparently the players don't usually do that so lovely of him!

Also is lovely to be able to see players practise up so close and just randomly pass by you
    Last edited by xenon21; 01-08-2012 at 22:52.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xenon21 For This Useful Post:

cazza99 (02-08-2012), Sallydaisy (01-08-2012), supergran (01-08-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    Gill and I are going tomorrow. We've got no 1 court but obviously want to see Andy (please let him win today). We were planning to sit on the hill assuming there's a big screen?!

EDIT: Just seen Cazza's post. They had better show the tennis on the big screen!!!
    You will see him won't you? Obviously meant to be! Fantastic. Have a great day!!:OGwave:

Note to those with Ground Passes - it's worth noting that on Court 18 they were operating a very strict policy of keeping all seats full and saying that even if you went out to the loo you would have to rejoin the queue outside. We managed to get out a couple of times always taking one or other of the kids with us to use as emotional blackmail to get back in or sending the 2 of them together hoping they wouldn't make them wait outside alone! It worked but we were only brave enough to do it during rain breaks. We got on to 18 about 10.30am easily but it filled up pretty quickly from that time.

The Hill seemed not to be very crowded at any point during the day.

Re-sale - We came out of 18 after the Tsonga/Lopez match just as Andy and Baggy were starting and were planning to sit on the Hill when we noticed only a very short queue at the re-sale booth. After approx 5 mins we were at the front and had 4 Centre Court tickets (Adults 5, kids 1) for 12, right at the bottom level, row D, to the left of the umpire! There are a lot less people than during The Championships and the re-sale was not advertised in anyway so my impression is that not many people realised it was an option ..... I guess as the days go by and the word gets out this may not remain the case.

We felt incredibly lucky and thrilled that we could share this as a whole family.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Niknak's Mum For This Useful Post:

cazza99 (02-08-2012), KnightOwl (02-08-2012), Sallydaisy (02-08-2012), supergran (03-08-2012), xenon21 (02-08-2012)

Challenger Circuit

Wow! That is amazing that you got such great seats! So glad you all got seats! I got a ticket at the start at the back but did wonder if perhaps I should have waited for better seats but I did move down a bit

Wow Lizzi - that's great!

We were thinking of trying to do that, for exactly the same reason, but we're still half hoping we might get actual Olympic athletic tickets! We're off to the Olympic Park tomorrow, to watch hockey, but we won't see the inside of the stadium, and I would love to do that at some point!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KnightOwl For This Useful Post:

Lizzim (04-08-2012)

Todays full schedule of Olympic events can be found here on the BBC website.

Hope all those going to events today have a fantastic time!
    :OGwave: