Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the weather like where you are?

Challenger Circuit

What's the weather like where you are?

From August 2011

Quote Originally Posted by supergran
    Today started off sunny but now complete cloud cover and it feels chilly!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alis
    Beautiful - blue sky and turquoise sea - wish I could say it was always like this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Lady
    Rain, rain and more rain in West Yorkshire today!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreaze
    Bit of inclement weather in these parts you could say! Irene just skirted where I live so we only got some outer bands from it- driving rain and crazy wind, but happily we needed the rain so no flash flooding or anything. I'm pretty sure the air now weighs more than I do and we have very low, dark clouds hanging out. Once the system moves more northward, we'll have the most beautiful weather imaginable behind it.

I've been going to the beach to check out the surf and man the Atlantic is wild right now. I'm hoping the storm surge from this system isn't too bad- the islands in the Carolinas don't need that!
    Quote Originally Posted by sallydaisy (admin)
    Beautiful - blue sky and turquoise sea - wish I could say it was always like this!
    Hahaha we've got your weather Alis!!!
    Rain, rain and more rain in West Yorkshire today!!
    Yup. A journey that normally takes me 1hr 45mins has just taken 3hrs..... torretial rain, minor bumps causing hold ups and peeps driving more slowly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze
    Bit of inclement weather in these parts you could say! Irene just skirted where I live so we only got some outer bands from it- driving rain and crazy wind, but happily we needed the rain so no flash flooding or anything. I'm pretty sure the air now weighs more than I do and we have very low, dark clouds hanging out. Once the system moves more northward, we'll have the most beautiful weather imaginable behind it.

I've been going to the beach to check out the surf and man the Atlantic is wild right now. I'm hoping the storm surge from this system isn't too bad- the islands in the Carolinas don't need that!
    My brother is in Bermuda; they're not on storm watch but I bet they're getting the effect of Irene.

I love your avvy SeaBreeze - Eiger north face?
    I've been up the railway inside the mountain and up to the observatory on the col between those 2 peaks in your piccy. The ice station is incredible as is the station inside the North Face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    My brother is in Bermuda; they're not on storm watch but I bet they're getting the effect of Irene.

I've been up the railway inside the mountain and up to the observatory on the col between those 2 peaks in your piccy. The ice station is incredible as is the station inside the North Face.
    Your brother is probably seeing the same crazy surf we're getting here. Hopefully people have the sense to stay out of the ocean!

You're exactly right about the avatar; I actually took that photo getting onto the train to go to Jungfrau The town is Klein Scheidegg.

Your brother is probably seeing the same crazy surf we're getting here. Hopefully people have the sense to stay out of the ocean!

You're exactly right about the avatar; I actually took that photo getting onto the train to go to Jungfrau The town is Klein Scheidegg.
    I thought as much. I used to go ski-ing there, stayed in Wengen and used the trains to get up Kleine Scheidegg to hit the ski runs. I loved it there - especially ski-ing to some of the mountain restaurants and having hot apple fritters!!!
    Memories ....... many.
    I thought as much. I used to go ski-ing there, stayed in Wengen and used the trains to get up Kleine Scheidegg to hit the ski runs. I loved it there - especially ski-ing to some of the mountain restaurants and having hot apple fritters!!!
    Memories ....... many.
    There were tons of skiers there when I went. I was jealous but as I was traveling solo resisted the urge. Such a lovely place; I felt like I was in a living postcard haha
    Quote Originally Posted by RoastLamb
    We had a tornado watch t'other night but nowt happened where we were staying. Instead, it happened at home. Weird!!!
    Last edited by xenon21; 26-09-2011 at 23:08.

Challenger Circuit
    From September 2011

A glorious sunny September day today
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth
    The weather here was quite nice today, if a bit on the cool side. My daughter and her husband took off for Corsica this morning and she sent a text to say they had been diverted to Rome as weather very bad in Corsica - there is always someone worse off.
    The weather here was quite nice today, if a bit on the cool side. My daughter and her husband took off for Corsica this morning and she sent a text to say they had been diverted to Rome as weather very bad in Corsica - there is always someone worse off.
    Hope we'll have decent weather in a couple of weeks time at DC!!!
    :D
    I have ordered good weather for Davis Cup!!
    Sunny here today but there is definitely a smell of autumn in the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Hawk
    Bit cold and windy and sunny same time.
    It's been raining hard the last couple of hours and got a lot colder!!!
    Cloudy all day with strong winds that kept the rain away. However it rained this evening for a while. Temperature definitely dropping each night.
    Hmmm, I think the Eastern Atlantic seaboard is still feeling the after effects of Hurricane Irene passing and there is another one on it's way.

She's Hurricane Katia, set to become a category 4 in 9hrs time, she's currently about 900miles from the USA out in the Atlantic.

However, Katia is projected to pass up between Bermuda (300miles away and probably on red alert) and NYC (400miles) in 3 days time (Friday) and still be a #2 or ##1 by then so that is likely to create some stormy weather.

If you look at Katia's track she veers due East by Sunday 11th - and heads towards Europel. Unlikely to be a Hurricane by the time she reaches our side of the pond but could bring bad weather this time next week.

Stormpulse is the best website for Hurricane watching!
    http://www.stormpulse.com/
    Thanks for that...am an avid weather watcher. Love the bit about bringing us bad weather....we have it most weeks here. What's new!
    Really wet this morning although it's brightened up now. The first really high tide of the autumn bringing a huge dump of seaweed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    It's been really windy and raining all last night and all day today
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazza99
    It's been really windy and raining all last night and all day today :(
    Are you in New York by any chance? :tongue:
    Just looked out the window. No skyscrapers. So probably not. Just got their weather.
    Windy and wet earlier. Brightened up a little this afternoon. Not a bad evening so far.
    Still extremely windy today but thankfully not as bad as yesterday's gales.
    It's turned decidedly chilly!!!
    And the nights are drawing in ........ almost dark at 7.30pm.
    It's turned decidedly chilly!!!
    And the nights are drawing in ........ almost dark at 7.30pm.
    You've just reminded me. I do miss Wogan in the mornings.
    Well - the wind has dropped this morning so I really hope we manage to get a ferry in today. We've have no ferries for the last two days and, as we never have a delivery on a Sunday anyway, fresh produce is non-existent in the local Co-op. We might be down to a diet of whisky and tablet soon - oh the joys of island living!!
    Oooh, looks like many of us are in for a reappearance of summer later this week! Had to double take when I saw the forecast temps for Wed/Thurs/Fri, 24 C in Leeds!!
    Beautiful here today - blue sky, turqoise sea, no wind - summer's back but without the midges! How strange has our weather been this year?
    Last edited by pabbers; 02-10-2011 at 10:18.

27 September 2011

Beautiful day here. Warm and sunny. Gong to read in garden...what a treat!
    28 September
    Glorious day in West Yorkshire!!!! :sunny:
    Another glorious day. Spent afternoon reading in garden wearing shorts and vest. Who'd a thowt it? Would love another week of this weather. :sunny: 8) :D
    The Hebrides must be the only place in the country not basking in sunshine - definitely not on!!!
    It's far too hot for me :cry:
    It's far too hot for me :cry:
    You could always send some of it our way!
    Another gloriously hot day today spent in garden. Was quite happy to come inside to watch Andy win his match. Then out again with books,iced fruit juice and sunglasses. Wonderful!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ljs
    beautiful fall day here in Ontario , sun shining but a little bit of coolness in the air , love it !!! Fall is my favourite season.
    Another lovely sunny day. I could get used to this!! :sunny: :sunny: :flower:
    Amazing weather for the last day of September!!!

Friend coming round for lunch so just finished clearing up a bit and prepping salad to munch out on the patio which is thankfully in the shade now.

Will probably miss Andy's match though .........
    :cry:
    Pouring with rain here - I hate you all!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Desperately trying to stay in the shade :sunny:
    Desperately trying to stay in the shade :sunny:
    Go on - rub it in!!!!!
    Last edited by pabbers; 01-10-2011 at 13:46. Reason: More posts from TT - may now be out of order with what follows - soz!

Started off with fog but then cleared to be a sunny day.

Baking hot here today - it reached 29.9 in the shade according to our electronic thermometer-thingy in the garden. Phew!

Re: What's the weather like where you are?

Baking hot here too. I really don't like the heat.

Crappy rain for two solid days.

Raining here in Billingham.....so pleased after the heat of the last three days...most welcome!!!
    "Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"

Still boiling here but cloud forecast for tomorrow an rain Tuesday.
    Pat xx

Bit overcast here today, think this is the end of our Indian Summer