Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 1 of 270 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What has made you happy or sad?

Challenger Circuit

What has made you happy or sad?

From August 2011

Quote Originally Posted by cazza99
    I am happy that so many exforum members have manged to find us on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    Yes, that makes me really happy too :D
    Quote Originally Posted by mandiemoo
    I'm happy that Andy is Cincy champ 2011!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Lady
    Very bittersweet today - happy that my youngest is 5 today and enjoying her birthday.

Sad that my lovely Nan died this morning at 93 years of age.x
    Quote Originally Posted by sallydaisy (admin)
    Very bittersweet today - happy that my youngest is 5 today and enjoying her birthday.

Oh that's so sad about your Nan. Big hugs GL.
    At least you have the next generation to focus on - and hopefully that'll keep your spirits up.
    Quote Originally Posted by banskogirl

Oh GL thinking about you. nice that you have a wee 5 year old to keep you busy but hard to mourn your Gran. xox God Bless
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie
    I'm very sorry to hear about your nan, GL, take care x
    Quote Originally Posted by vamosvixs
    Sorry to hear that GL. :(

5 years ago today I lost my Grandad, still miss him every day. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazza99
    Sorry to hear about your Nan GL.
    Sorry to hear about your Nan GL. *hug*
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan

So sorry to hear of your loss. *flowers*
    Quote Originally Posted by supergran
    Dear GL..am so sorry to hear about your lovely nan.Hugs. Happy birthday to your little one. Bittersweet indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by the blue angel
    GL I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours today. Hugs
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts, I was so touched reading them, you are all so lovely & I'm so grateful that we are all still together on here.

Hugs for you today too Vixs. x
    Happy that son and family are coming over later. We are all going to a 21st birthday party. Sad that another old friend died recently. She was a close pal of my friend who died last year, if you remember, the day before my 70th. Going to funeral on Wednesday.
    So sorry about your friend Supergran.x

Hope you can take comfort from and enjoy being with your family today.
    Sorry to hear about your friend, Maureen *hug*

Hope you & your family have a lovely time at the 21st birthday party :D
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMES4578
    Sorry to her the sad news Supergran, have a good time at the 21st though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsaywebb64
    Glad to be back amongst the old crowd again.
    Hopefully the next two weeks will inspire some more poems
    (Oh I can hear all the groans)
    Many thanks to all who have set this up.
    Thanks for kind comments everybody.
    Last edited by xenon21; 26-09-2011 at 23:43.

Challenger Circuit
    More August 2011

Sorry to hear about your friend Supergran ((()))
    My thoughts are with you too Supergran
    You are such a lovely and thoughtful lady always ready with a kind word for everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by sallydaisy (admin)
    Glad to be back amongst the old crowd again.
    Hopefully the next two weeks will inspire some more poems
    (Oh I can hear all the groans)
    Many thanks to all who have set this up.
    Hello Lindsay, lovely to see you!
    :D
    Look forward to some poems - how about one that tells a tale of wandering Murray members?
    Quote Originally Posted by hfwardhouse
    It has been a sad week for quite a few - my uncle died on Tuesday - we have the funeral on Monday - so sad that his son didn't make it home from America in time

Hugs to GL, SG and Vixs xx
    Quote Originally Posted by linda
    Sorry about your uncle, Jane
    Sorry to hear of people's bereavements. Hope you will be given the strength you need to get through the sad times.
    Sorry about your uncle Jane (((())))
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze
    Sorry to hear such sad news GL, SG, and hfw. Thinking of you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoastLamb
    :shock: So sorry to hear about everyone's bereavements.

GL: your Gran died on your daughter's b-day? Awful when that happens. Tomorrow (27th August) is my eldest daughter's 12th b-day (and my brother's too) but sadly it marks the 4th anniversary of my niece's death. So, as you say, bittersweet indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by vamosvixs
    Sorry to hear about you uncle, Jane! ((hugs))

GL: your Gran died on your daughter's b-day? Awful when that happens. Tomorrow (27th August) is my eldest daughter's 12th b-day (and my brother's too) but sadly it marks the 4th anniversary of my niece's death. So, as you say, bittersweet indeed.
    27th (today) is my birthday. It was also my father-in-law's, and his mother-in-laws! Strange how it works out sometimes

27th (today) is my birthday. It was also my father-in-law's, and his mother-in-laws! Strange how it works out sometimes
    Happy b-day Jan! That's so funny how 27th Aug. is so prominent in both our families.
    Happy birthday Jan!
    Thanks for your kind thoughts everyone.

Happy Birthday Jan and also to RoastLamb's daughter! Bittersweet day for you RL.x

Jane, I'm sorry about your Uncle. It certainly has been a tough week for some of us. My Nan's funeral is this coming Friday, very proud of my 12 &13 yr old daughter & son who both said they wanted to come firstly to say goodbye to their Great Gran & secondly to hold my hand. I was touched. Despite the sadness last Wednesday, my little 5 yr old girl enjoyed her birthday, we waited till Thursday to explain. She had a wonderful party today with her friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenon21
    So sorry to hear about the berievments! :(
    Thanks Jane. Really sorry to read your sad news. Sending sympathy to you and all the family.
    Happy that son and daughter-in-law, whose wedding anniversary it is today, are on the road to Scotland for their holiday in the Hebrides. First stop Perth, then ferry from Skye to Harris. Great to get regular updates with pic on fb.
    Happy that son and daughter-in-law have arrived safely on the Isle of Harris where they are happily settled in their bell tent in a stunning camp site. They arrived this afternoon and one of their pics showed chickens wandering into their tent.
    So much sadness for so many! Maureen, Fiona, Jane and Golden Lady, I am so sorry for your losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen N
    I may come to London in January :D

Challenger Circuit
    Sepember 2011

So much sadness for so many! Maureen, Fiona, Jane and Golden Lady, I am so sorry for your losses.
    Thanks Linda. Funeral was yesterday. It was a lovely Mass followed by cremation. As the crematorium is close to where we live we did not travel back to parish club next to church for refreshments. Instead we went with some friends for lunch and had a lovely afternoon talking over old times.
    Quote Originally Posted by hfwardhouse
    Thanks everyone - funeral was on Monday and was really lovely service - nice to catch up with cousins and family although having seen them all at our annual family gathering the week before we didn't have quite so much to catch up with!

Hugs to everyone xx
    Good to hear that all went ok SG and Jane.

My Nan's funeral was on Friday and although it was a very sad occasion, it was wonderful to meet up with family members I hadn't seen for years. One cousin who I was very close to as a girl and teenager, I hadn't seen for 20 years and we hadn't expected her to come. I cannot tell you what it meant to me to see her standing outside the church waiting before the funeral. I am now in contact with her again and my Nan would have been so glad. It was a very emotional day.
    Hugs GL! That's the amazing thing about funerals (and weddings too); you meet up with people you knew as kids and lost touch with.
    Quote Originally Posted by golden lady
    Thanks RL.
    I've had a lovely weekend. My son came to visit, and we spent yesterday at the Duxford Air Show.
    Good to hear that all went ok SG and Jane.

My Nan's funeral was on Friday and although it was a very sad occasion, it was wonderful to meet up with family members I hadn't seen for years. One cousin who I was very close to as a girl and teenager, I hadn't seen for 20 years and we hadn't expected her to come. I cannot tell you what it meant to me to see her standing outside the church waiting before the funeral. I am now in contact with her again and my Nan would have been so glad. It was a very emotional day.
    Aahh, hugs GL.Obviously it was sad saying goodbye to your Nan but so glad for you that you met up with family you hadn't seen for years, especially your cousin. I always think that when you say goodbye to an older person, although the service and burial/cremation are emotional and sad afterwards the mood changes. You greet old friends and relatives you haven't seen for a while. You tell stories about the departed loved one and, generally start to feel much better. Hope you are feeling better.
    Quote Originally Posted by golden lady
    Thanks for your lovely post supergran. Everything you said was so true, even though it was sad, we did have a few smiles later on when we all remembered my Nan (and some of her finer moments).
    Well, not counting tennis had a lovely weekend. On Saturday went to a School reunion - Class of 86 and had a really nice time meeting student and learning about how well they are doing, looking at pics of their children and generally having a good laugh. Yesterday met up with five ex pupils who were in my very first class with whom I have always kept in touch. One of them lives in Spain and was unable to be at my party last year. So when he told me he was coming over for a long weekend I organised a get-together. Luckily one who lives in Holland was over visiting her family so the famous five were together again. They are all 51 now but if you'd have seen us sitting around that large table in the pub you'd have sworn we were all much younger people as we couldn't stop laughing at tales from long ago. We were quite hysterical at times. Lovely to see them all again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alis
    So sad for the families and friends of the miners lost in the pit accident in Wales. I had thought that the days of mining tragedies in this country were gone forever but, sadly, I was wrong. It does put minor niggles we may have into perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by lynne
    Yes very true Alis, my thoughts & prayers go out to those families.
    So very sad. So sorry for their families. Mining is still a very dangerous occupation.
    Quote Originally Posted by RFS
    Had a real low on Friday when the contract Project Manager escalated me to the account manager and my manager for having a dentist's appointment planned and asking if I could shift a half hour meeting by a day. Totally unreasonable rant from her after she takes time for herself.
    Made me realise that I want out of this industry and at the very least want to work for myself and do contracts.

Then I submitted my first piece to the sports desk linked to the journalism school thinking they would review it and tell me what I need to think about as a proper sports journo (as opposed to my self indulgent ramblings as a blogger).
    To my utter surprise is got published!!!

http://www.sharethematch.com/news/254
    Well done Ros!
    That's fantastic Ros...really pleased for you. Knew you could do it. Onwards and upwards!!
    And I don't usually read football reports!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RFS
    And I don't usually read football reports!!!
    Yeah - not bad seeing as I can't remember what the offside rule is... something to do with pepper pots and HP sauce I think...

28 September 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Queen N
    My friend had a great evening, he's singer. Great performance from him

listen his song If you want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta-x7uzAJvI - French Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoL9...eature=related - English Song
    Quote Originally Posted by ljs
    hes really good queen , great voice
    He's good Queen N. Lovely voice and very good looking too.
    Last edited by pabbers; 30-09-2011 at 06:35.

Re: What has made you happy or sad?

Andy winning and becoming the champion in Thailand. made me happy and proud today.

So happy that Andy won and that St Helens beat Wigan and are in their 6th consecutive Grand Final. Just hope we win next Saturday!!

So happy that my family were able to travel down to London this weekend to join in my husband's Nan's 90th Birthday! It was a very special occasion. Andy had a great weekend too and here we are in the Murray Mansion, lots to be happy about!

Good News: earlier in the year I was at the Boodles but the Friday schedule was rained off and I only saw Andy play 5 games! But I've received today a full refund and a guarantee of 2 tickets to the first day of the event next year!!!

Bad News: 9 months to wait ........
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

great news Sally

Wow that's fab Sally!! I@m happy because I did pilates this morning without too many after effects so far (apart from using a lot of elbow grease to polish my halo!) and still can't believe we're actually here in the Mansion. My excitement in following Andy has been revitalised + the win in Bangkok. What more could a person want?
    Pat xx