Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146
Results 1,451 to 1,453 of 1453

Thread: What are you watching on TV?

Challenger Circuit

Re: What are you watching on TV?

Been watching 'A Yorkshire Farm' on C5, about the Owen Family (including 9 kids) who run and live on a farm on a very remote part of N Yorks. all the family help out on the farm, including the youngest who was two and quite happily feeding lambs and helping with lambing.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suttontennis For This Useful Post:

clancy (06-12-2018), Elizabeth (05-12-2018)

Challenger Circuit

Any-one else watch 'Care' on BBC1 on Sunday1, about a lady (Alison Steadman) who suffers a life changing stroke, and subsequently develops Dementia. It follows her and her families struggle to deal with the aftermath, and subsequent dealings with the NHS as they try to find ways to get care for her. For me, it concentrated too little on the human side & cost of caring for some-one in this situation (although more and more people nowadays have experience of caring for some-one with Alzheimers) , and too much on showing the NHS in a very poor light. We all know the difficulties the NHS & Local Authorities face in terms of providing the right care, especially for elderly people, but it showed them as uncaring and simply interested in creating empty beds.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to suttontennis For This Useful Post:

RoastLamb (11-12-2018)

Challenger Circuit

Quote Originally Posted by suttontennis View Post
    Any-one else watch 'Care' on BBC1 on Sunday1, about a lady (Alison Steadman) who suffers a life changing stroke, and subsequently develops Dementia. It follows her and her families struggle to deal with the aftermath, and subsequent dealings with the NHS as they try to find ways to get care for her. For me, it concentrated too little on the human side & cost of caring for some-one in this situation (although more and more people nowadays have experience of caring for some-one with Alzheimers) , and too much on showing the NHS in a very poor light. We all know the difficulties the NHS & Local Authorities face in terms of providing the right care, especially for elderly people, but it showed them as uncaring and simply interested in creating empty beds.
    I work in the NHS so I tend to avoid these kind of dramas, too close to home and when they get it wrong, it's so annoying, especially when they paint us all in a bad light! There are plenty of caring people left. I like Sheridan Smith though.