Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 147 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1492

Thread: What are you watching on TV?

Re: What are you watching on TV?

I watched Manhunt the last three nights, about the murders committed by Levi Bellfield. Obviously sad, but also compelling and I thought Martin Clunes was terrific as the lead detective. Going to try Cleaning Up tonight (9pm ITV), it stars Sheridan Smith as she's always excellent.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RosieBear For This Useful Post:

cazza99 (10-01-2019), Mickey (09-01-2019)

Challenger Circuit

Les Miserables, on Sunday nights. I thought the film version was hard work, all that singing, the tv series is equally gruelling, but very well made and acted.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to suttontennis For This Useful Post:

clancy (15-01-2019)

Challenger Circuit

Quote Originally Posted by suttontennis View Post
    Les Miserables, on Sunday nights. I thought the film version was hard work, all that singing, the tv series is equally gruelling, but very well made and acted.
    Hubby wanting to watch this as he hasn't suffered the movie. The only bright side is the lack of singing! How books are ever ruined so badly is beyond me!

I like to see what Talking Pictures (Freeview 81) are showing, as they usually show films that I've never heard of or other channels (like the BBC and ITV) will either rarely or never show. I watched The Games, last night, and I really couldn't believe it was directed by Michael Winner and had Michael Crawford in it. It was really, really bad. Michael Crawford trained to run the marathon at the Rome Olympics. I couldn't believe it when Ryan O'Neal and Charles Aznavour turned up to run it as well.

Challenger Circuit

Watching 2001 a Space Odyssey, definitely funnier with Alexa!

I don't find Les Miserables hard going at all, enjoying this adaptation with great cast! Perhaps the singing in the film a bit much for some (did rate it though preferred the stage musical)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAMES4578 For This Useful Post:

banskogirl (20-01-2019), Elizabeth (25-01-2019)

Challenger Circuit

Quote Originally Posted by JAMES4578 View Post
    I don't find Les Miserables hard going at all, enjoying this adaptation with great cast! Perhaps the singing in the film a bit much for some (did rate it though preferred the stage musical)
    I think you either love them or hate them I don't mind a Disney one. I love Disney's Robin Hood and Jungle book,especially the music, just don't enjoy a serious movie being stopped for a song. I also understand the songs are still part of the dialogue takes all sorts!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to banskogirl For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (20-01-2019)

I am enjoying Les Miserables too. Enjoy Vera too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cazza99 For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (21-01-2019)

We have tried a number of new shows recently. On the tv silent witness is back which Iím a fan off on Netflix we watched sinner which I enjoyed. Bit bizarre at times but the stories are interesting. We watched both season 1 & 2 Decided to try designated survivor on Netflix starring kiefer suthaland - Kev is a big fan. Itís good, which surprised me, I was as in to it as Kev was. We skated through series 1 in no time and had started series two but at the moment evening tv is the Tennis I recorded in the early hours lol

I havenít tried les Mis yet ... best get it before it goes off Iplayer

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JerryD For This Useful Post:

cazza99 (24-01-2019), RoastLamb (24-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    We have tried a number of new shows recently. On the tv silent witness is back which I’m a fan off on Netflix we watched sinner which I enjoyed. Bit bizarre at times but the stories are interesting. We watched both season 1 & 2 Decided to try designated survivor on Netflix starring kiefer suthaland - Kev is a big fan. It’s good, which surprised me, I was as in to it as Kev was. We skated through series 1 in no time and had started series two but at the moment evening tv is the Tennis I recorded in the early hours lol

I haven’t tried les Mis yet ... best get it before it goes off Iplayer
    I loved The Sinner. Both series.
    Andy. Rafa. Milos. What's not to like?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RoastLamb For This Useful Post:

JerryD (24-01-2019)