Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Rate the last film you saw

Re: Rate the last film you saw

Just watched Commuter, very watchable. Liam Neeson never fails, only watch action movies if he's in them.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RosieBear For This Useful Post:

pabbers (24-05-2018), traveller7 (29-08-2018)

Saw the last Avengers Infinity War film. Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by traveller7 View Post
    Saw the last Avengers Infinity War film. Loved it.
    We enjoyed that too then went to see deadpool a few weeks ago which was also good. We also saw a film starring Ryan renolds on sky a week ago. It was called the voices and was a dark comedy about a guy who hears voices when e goes off his meds and what that leads too. Judging from how young renolds looked I guess it wasn’t a recent film but it was amusing. In a dark way. Certainly much better than war of the planet of the apes that my niece and nephew had me watching when they stayed over last night. That’s really not my bag. They loved it, I was just glad they didn’t pick something worse lol we are planning to see the new Star Wars film - solo but haven’t got tickets yet. The reviews are less than great. Has anyone seen it yet?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JerryD For This Useful Post:

traveller7 (01-06-2018)

I watched Three Billboards last night. Really good and highly recommend, but also very sad.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RosieBear For This Useful Post:

traveller7 (04-06-2018)

a film called Pad Man, which i recommend. it's a true story of an Indian man who is horrified that his wife cannot afford sanitary pads and uses a rag during her periods - as presumably do all the other women in the village. so he sets out to invent a substitute, and its the story of his progress. it's funny, very colourful, boppy Boolywoodish music and a view into another world. well worth seeing.

I watched The Happy Prince, today. My sister and brother-in-law watched it, last night. She thought they were watching a French film, so she went to ask the box office about it. But, the person had never seen it. I know Wilde had to go to France after his release from prison and wasn't allowed back, which is why it had to be in French. I thought Rupert Everett brought Oscar Wilde to life and was very good.

I went to the cinema, yesterday, before the men's doubles final to watch Barry Lyndon which was made in 1975. I thought if Leonard Rossiter hadn't been in it, it might have been better. Ryan O'Neal's Irish accent kept slipping into an American one and there were no English subtitles, whenever they spoke in either French or German.

My sister and I went to see Ocean's 8, yesterday evening. It was quite funny, in places, but I really didn't understand why they had to include Serena Williams as one of the guests at the gala. I didn't see Maria Sharapova. James Corden played his comical self.

Today I watched The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It's a nice film - grim in parts, but a feel good factor overall. Definitely worth a watch on an autumn evening. That said, I haven't read the book - apparently it hasn't done it justice.
    Last edited by RosieBear; 28-08-2018 at 19:52.

Last Wednesday, my sister told me that she wanted to go and see The Spy Who Dumped Me. I agreed to go with her, as she'd got that 2 for 1 cinema offer. But, when I went to her house, she suddenly realised the offer for her had expired. But, we went anyway. The film, which seemed to be based on James Bond, looked like it was a good idea and it was funny in parts but it felt like it hadn't been well thought out. At the start, there was a warning about the violence and nudity. It did feel childish, in parts.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 29-08-2018 at 12:39.