Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last film you saw

Re: Rate the last film you saw

Two films I've seen recently and would recommend are "Hereafter" and "Limitless". The opening scenes of Hereafter concern a Tsunami and a French journalist. Matt Damon plays a disillusioned American man who used to work as a medium but now works in a factory. Also we meet a young Asian boy who lives with his twin brother in London. The three strands of the story are told separately until they all come together for a moving and dramatic ending. Limitless starring Bradley Cooper and Robert de Niro concerns a writer (Cooper) who has writer's block and whose life is slowly disintegrating. He meets, by chance, his ex-brother-in-law who gives him a tablet which makes him a genius. It's a fascinating story and does make you think of what chemists and pharmaceutical companies could do!! I'd score them both 9.

Seen Hereafter, loved it!

Haven't seen Limitless, will keep that in mind for one to watch.

Wild Card

watched " murder unveiled " the other night . Its about an honour killing , true story and very disturbing .

Real Steel Ok, so, you can't blame them for jumping on the bandwagon(Transformers) but, i was taken aback with the story! mainly because of the amazing son(Max Kenton) played by (Star in making) Dakota Goyo and his Dad, the multi- talented Hugh Jackman! If a piece of tin(steel) can mend a broken dad, son relationship then every family should have one. Dont be put off by the bells and whistles as their is a real warm story. 8/10

Puss in Boots
    i love films like this when you want a feel good film for a bit of a laugh. It was funny, made funnier by the fact I now have a new cat. Fun for all the family, I went with one of my best mates and I think we laughed more than the kids in there! 8/10

This afternoon tennis had finished so watched a film called "Paul" about two guys who are space "nerds". They are in US for a convention and then plan to travel to areas where supposed sightings of aliens have taken place. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost wrote and star in the film. It is very funny though does have a lot of bad language which is funny also. I won't spoil the story but if you liked "Close Encounters" and "E.T" I'm sure you will enjoy this piece of escapism. Made me laugh out loud! 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by supergran View Post
    This afternoon tennis had finished so watched a film called "Paul" about two guys who are space "nerds". They are in US for a convention and then plan to travel to areas where supposed sightings of aliens have taken place. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost wrote and star in the film. It is very funny though does have a lot of bad language which is funny also. I won't spoil the story but if you liked "Close Encounters" and "E.T" I'm sure you will enjoy this piece of escapism. Made me laugh out loud! 8/10
    :shock:watched that a while back thought it was painfully unfunny 0/10

Iron Lady 9/10

Thought it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveArneRiise View Post
    Iron Lady 9/10

Thought it was great.
    You couldn't pay me to watch that film!!

Cafe de flore - starring Vanessa Paradis and set in 1970s Paris and modern day Montreal. Interesting movie but the ending didn't work for me.
    Andy. Rafa. Milos. What's not to like?