Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical Woes

Re: Technical Woes

Thanks Pat, Is this a wireless device then?

Not exactly - they basically use your home's internal electrical wiring as an ethernet connection - so they're wireless in the sense that you don't specifically connect them to each other, they just use the existing wiring.

Pretty good actually - we use them to get iPlayer etc on the main TV.

I was having problems accessing the site this morning. I was at work and it said server error or something.
    Anyone else have this problem?

No, I haven't had any problems today. I was on here during Andy's match this morning.

In sadness that I might never see Andy play again

Quote Originally Posted by Maza1987 View Post
    I was having problems accessing the site this morning. I was at work and it said server error or something.
    Anyone else have this problem?
    Hi Maza. Thanks for reporting this and we're sorry you had a problem. There were several of us logged in during Andy's match (I was around from 7.15am thru to 10.45am) and didn't notice any problems. If anyone else DID have a problem please post about it so we can investigate.
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

Ok. Probably work internet problem.

Looks like nothing can be done about it but the optons for links, photos, fonts etc are not displayed when I use the site at work. i am also uinable to edit posts for some reason and i hav etried both Firefox and IE. It's fine at home though!

Hi Maza - if you can let me know roughly what time of day this was, I can look at the logs, but I'm not aware of there having been any issues at our end...

Quote Originally Posted by JAMES4578 View Post
    Looks like nothing can be done about it but the optons for links, photos, fonts etc are not displayed when I use the site at work. i am also uinable to edit posts for some reason and i hav etried both Firefox and IE. It's fine at home though!
    If it's fine at home, James, then I'm afraid you're probably right - it sounds like something to do with the internet policy at your place of work - I know where I used to be there was a policy in place which prevented access to some sites altogether, and with others there was limited access eg no images or whatever - this sounds similar to me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KnightOwl For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (05-10-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by KnightOwl View Post
    If it's fine at home, James, then I'm afraid you're probably right - it sounds like something to do with the internet policy at your place of work - I know where I used to be there was a policy in place which prevented access to some sites altogether, and with others there was limited access eg no images or whatever - this sounds similar to me.
    At least I can still access the site and post at work, even if it's not ideal!