Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical Woes

Re: Technical Woes

You may have noticed that iSpy isn't quite playing ball today. We're hard at work trying to fix it, but in the meantime you can use the following link instead:

http://www.andymurrayfanforum.com/fo...spy.php?do=xml

Quote Originally Posted by hfwardhouse View Post
    It's not just happening when there's a livestream open though .... I was in the middle of a game on FB last week when it happened .... fan is working right now and seems to be fine. When it closed down tonight it hadn't been on that long cos I'd only been home about 20 minutes.
    Don't know if you've sorted this out yet but like Pat says it sounds like a heat problem. You may want to find out the maximum operating temperature of your processor and graphics card/chip, then download a program like HWMonitor. Keep it open whilst using your laptop and see what your temperatures are. If they're close to the maximum that's very likely your problem.
    (Jun 09) Mark my words - Andy Murray Future GS Winner
    (Sep 12) Andy Murray US GS Winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Manaus View Post
    Don't know if you've sorted this out yet but like Pat says it sounds like a heat problem. You may want to find out the maximum operating temperature of your processor and graphics card/chip, then download a program like HWMonitor. Keep it open whilst using your laptop and see what your temperatures are. If they're close to the maximum that's very likely your problem.
    How do I find out the max operating temps? Apologies for ignorance but never need to know that before!!!

should be in you manual, tho to be honest with a laptop you should be able to tell if its getting to hot it will feel very warm to the touch underneath

Quote Originally Posted by hfwardhouse View Post
    How do I find out the max operating temps? Apologies for ignorance but never need to know that before!!!
    If you know the name of the processor and graphic card/chip (should be in your laptop manual) google searching the name followed by max temperature should do it.

Edit: There's this site http://www.cpu-world.com/ where you can look up your processor info.
    Last edited by Manaus; 17-08-2012 at 20:28.
    (Jun 09) Mark my words - Andy Murray Future GS Winner
    (Sep 12) Andy Murray US GS Winner!

My microphone on my laptop does not work.

I think I did something stupid to try and mute the inbuilt microphone on my laptop the other day. Not sure what I did. Think I went into manage audio devices and recording. And when I clicked on something it said "uninstalled" which was unexpected. So I think I have uninstalled something in error. Cos I can't get it to work on Skype. Tried to do a test on Skype and it says no sound card. No microphone listed on Skype.

Any ideas on how to get my microphone working again? I have tried plugging in a headset and that does not work either.

You probably need to reinstall the audio drivers for your laptop

Thanks. How would I do that?

Depends on your laptop, operating system etc. If you have the cd you can use that (but they may be old)
    Or go to your laptop manufacturers website and search for drivers for your laptop & download & install the latest audio driver.
    Or probably the easiest just type "audio driver for 'your laptop here'" into that great chocolate based internet guru that is Gu Ghul.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rondun For This Useful Post:

cazza99 (18-08-2012)

Downloaded from the site, but still not working