Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Technical Woes

Re: Technical Woes

Two weeks ago, I had a power cut. Since then, my Acer Chromebook 15 and HP Envy 5530 e-All-in-One printer won't communicate with each other. Can anyone help?

Sounds like the printer has lost it's IP address, so your Chromebook is now looking in the wrong place.
    Hawkeye always has the last word.

Re: Forum - technical issues

I know that this has nothing to do with this website, but just to let people know I've finally got my printer working again. I had a power cut, about three or so months ago, and my laptop kept thinking it was sending things to be printed to my printer. But, the printer never responded. After, inadvertently, being in contact with HP in America, I was given the website for HP here. They wanted 18 to sort out the problem, but I got onto their support forum. In the end, someone suggested that I pull out the USB from the back of the printer and turn off the router. I had to wait up to a minute before putting the router back on and putting the USB back into the printer. It worked!! as I was able to print my Andy Murray Live ticket.

Glad you got it sorted, Stell. It's always worth unplugging everything and starting again.

I know this has nothing to do with the technical woes, but I'm looking for a new camera and hoping someone might know something about them. I'm looking for one that has a zoom, my laptop (Acer Chromebook 15) can print photos from it and also the camera can take photos in the dark. I've read I should get a Praktica Luxmedia Z212 - black compact camera.

I don't know much about camera either but I do know optical zoom much better than digital zoom. So make sure camera have optical zoom.
    Go Andy Murray --- Go Roger Federer
    *** Winner of FTM 2007 ***

I know this has nothing to do with this website, but I've got a problem with two TVs. One is a Panasonic and other is a Luxor. When the Luxor is on, I sometimes can't either get all the Freeview channels or I can but the picture keeps going funny. When both of them are on, there is no problem. I, vaguely, remember an engineer coming to my house about a couple of years ago and he said it was something to do not getting enough power through the Panasonic. I can't remember what he did. Does anyone have a solution?

How does the signal get to the TVs?

Through the aerial. When I moved to Exeter, the previous owner had Sky. She got it disconnected before she moved. There was only one TV, which was for downstairs. I got someone in to get another aerial to go upstairs as well.

Yes, but where is the signal split to the two TVs?