Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Technical Woes

Re: Forum - technical issues

I wonder if the problem is caused by having two aerials and they interfere with each other? You should have one aerial with both TVs connected to it.

Re: Technical Woes

I wonder if anyone can advise me on this? When I got in last night, I saw that Kyle's match was on so went to watch it - on my Kindle, as usual. However it wouldn't start and eventually a message came up saying that I didn't have enough broadband speed for live streaming (I have never had this problem before). I checked my broadband speed and was only getting 12mbps instead of the 36mbps I am paying for, so decided to contact TalkTalk in the morning. But in the meantime I will get on to Amazon as well because all other streaming used to work fine before I went on fibre and only had 6mbps so 12 should be more than enough. This morning I went on my computer and checked the speed, and it is 38mbps. So I checked my Kindle again and it was still only 12mbps. Then I placed my Kindle right next to the router and got 18mbps. The computer is connected by cable. So is the wireless bit of the router not working properly? Should I ask TalkTalk for a replacement router? I've been with TalkTalk fibre for just over a year and had no problems previously.

Have you tried the basics? For example, switching WiFi off and on again on your Kindle? Rebooting the router? They are usually good places to start...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KnightOwl For This Useful Post:

Linda (22-09-2018)

Yes, I did all that and it's exactly the same.

Resetting/Rebooting usually solves most issues, wifi tends to not to be as consistent as a wired connection but there should not be such a disparity in speed. Having said that 12Mbps should be sufficient for anything up to HD quality. Restarting the device clearing data and ensuring you have the latest update may make a difference, I'll enclose Amazon Troubleshooting Guide. Prime Troubleshooting if issues would get back to Talk Talk/Amazon, though your router would seem to be fairly modern. If comfortable can you tweak anything in your Router Admin settings such as different wifi channel , on my router I have an Auto and Manual setting for Channels. Never had Talk Talk myself but admin page accessed via https://192.168.1.1 and general guide here https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/...l/ta-p/2204684
    Last edited by JAMES4578; 24-09-2018 at 11:49.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMES4578 For This Useful Post:

Linda (23-09-2018)

I hope someone can help me. Recently, when I put my laptop on, it comes on and goes off and comes back on again. When I need to look at my emails, I sometimes get "Aww Snap!".