Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Judy Murray OBE - Grand Slam Mum

ATP Ace!

Re: Judy Murray OBE - Grand Slam Mum

Well said Josephine and RB. In recent years Jessica Ennis Hill has been possibly our most high profile female athlete. I can't imagine that she has ever expressed an interest in the Kardahsians - yet she has been universally admired for her dedication to her sport and her engaging personality. It seems from Judy's tweet that she feels she has been misrepresented - that wouldn't be in the least suprising and not for the first time!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alis For This Useful Post:

RosieBear (Today)

The headline did misrepresent the whole interview and emphasise something which I don't think Judy meant to - but she did say in the Radio Times interview exactly what I have quoted above. She maybe was trying to make a point about marketing yourself as a female tennis player, but I think talking about looks and fashion and the Kardashians is the wrong way to do that.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Josephine For This Useful Post:

Alis (Today), RosieBear (Today)

ATP Ace!

Agreed.

I heard what I think may be the original interview with Judy on BBC Radio Scotland at the weekend(?) but it does not seem to be available on iplayer to check her words but I am always wary of what is printed as it may be the journalist's interpretation and not exactly what was intended by the speaker. Judy's tweet would seem to indicate that is the case here.